You can also now brew a single, fresh cup of Teeccino Herbal Coffee (the Grounds), using their brand new Gold Pour-Over Coffee Filter Brewer! It’s basically a fancy upgrade from the old Plastic & Ceramic Pour-Over Brewers that use paper filters – which aren’t really great for trees, & actually absorb some of the flavors you want in your cup!
- Permanent Drip Filter
- Fits on any 10-12 oz. Cup
- Stainless Steel & Gold Plated with Titanium
- Rubber Safety Handle & Rim on Base
- Easy to Clean
- Perfect for Travel, Office, or a Quick Cup On-the-Go
FYI: according to Teeccino – there’s apparently a flavor difference when its brewed via French Press vs. the Pour-Over Filter, who knew? They say that steeping in a French Press may have more of the bitters in the brew, whereas drip brewing through a Filter may emphasize the sweet notes! I’ve tried both & never really noticed a difference in taste – but now, I’m gonna have to pay closer attention, haha!
How To Use It
- In a 10-12 oz. Coffee Cup, add sweetener (if using any – I like Stevia & Coconut Sugar).
- Put the filter on top of the Cup.
- Add 1 heaping Tbsp. of Teeccino Herbal Coffee.
- Boil Water (I use this Water Filter) & pour just enough over the Teeccino Grounds to wet them, & allow them to “bloom”.
- Slowly pour the rest of the water (in a spiral motion over the grounds), until the Brew Filter is full – letting the Teeccino Brew down into the cup.
- Pick up the Filter by the Rubber Handle to check & see how full the cup is, making sure to leave enough room for Cream (if you’d like), & top it off with more water if necessary.
- Stir & Enjoy!
How To Clean It
- Toss (or compost) the grounds, & scrub the filter throughly with dish soap & water right after using.
- For a deeper cleaning – you can also throw it into the Dishwasher on the top rack once a week, or soak it in a water & baking soda, or water & vinegar mix once a week!
My Thoughts on the Filter Brewer
Since having this, I’ve tried several of Teeccino’s Blends in it, as well as regular Coffee. What I found was that most things brewed really well, while others (that had finely ground ingredients in them, like: finely ground Coffee, Cacao, Maca, etc.) tended to “clog” the filter. At times, I had to use a spoon & stir it around in the filter to try to get it moving, but it almost wouldn’t budge, which was frustrating.
I also have another Filter that’s designed almost exactly like this (as well as a Ceramic one with Paper Filters). The difference is that the Teeccino one has a Double Wall Filter, & the other one I have (which has the same exact outer filter hole size), doesn’t. I’ve found the single filter one to be a little better.
I want to mention that even with both of the ones I had previously, I still struggled with the Blends that had the finely ground ingredients. So – I wish they’d make them with more of a coarse grind, maybe? The only fix I’ve found so far, is to buy those types of Blends in Teeccino’s Herbal Tea Bags instead. Other than that, it’s absolutely beautiful, and – most of the blends, including any regular Ground Coffees & Loose Leaf Teas work well in it, but I definitely don’t think Teeccino’s Pour Over needs that 2nd, super-fine, inner mesh filter. I hope they change it, as well as change the Blends to work a bit better with it.
I first started drinking Teeccino’s Dandelion Herbal Coffees when I’d do Detox Protocols… Dandelion is a bitter herb known for helping to detox & stimulate the liver. But, now they’re just a part of my regular rotation because I love the taste so much! I make them just like I’d make my Coffee normally, & I’m good to go!
This one Tastes like: Creamy Vanilla accented by Golden Roasted Almonds, with a hint of Coconut & slightly sweet from Dates & Figs. Truth be told – I really like this one, but the Dandelion Caramel Nut is still my FAVE!
Ingredients: Roasted organic carob, organic chicory, organic dandelion root, dates, almonds, organic organic figs, natural vanilla extract, natural nut flavor.
- 75% Certified Organic Herbal Coffee Alternative
- Certified Gluten-Free
- Naturally Caffeine-Free – no Processing or Chemical Residues
- Acid-Free – helps restore Alkaline Balance
- Natural Energy Boost from Nutrients, not Stimulants
- Antioxidants from Carob, Dandelion Roots, Dates, Figs & Almonds
- Heart-healthy Potassium & Soluble Fiber
- Prebiotic – Inulin from Dandelion & Chicory Roots feed your Probiotics, the Beneficial Microflora that improve Digestive Health, Regularity & supports your Immune System.
- 28 Cups Brewed per 10 oz. Bag
- Brews in any kind of Coffee Brewer including Drip, French Press, Italian Moka Pots & Espresso Machines