Goal: To find a natural & organic Lipstick that works!
Brand: ZuZu Luxe.
Product: Lipstick in Patina.
Description: Our moisture rich, smooth lipstick provides fresh application and long-lasting color while being 100% lead free! Choose from 24 shades ranging from sweet to daring!
Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius(Safflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract, Bisabolol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides, Mica, Hypericum Perforatum (St. John’s Wort) Extract, Titanium Dioxide.
- Price: $18.15
- Size: .14oz/4g
- Texture: Smooth.
- Scent: No weird scent like lots of other lipsticks. Yay!
- Visual Attractiveness: Sleek, silver packaging.
- How Much I Needed: Normal amount.
- How Long I’ve Used It: About a month.
- Where to Find: GabrielCosmeticsInc.com
- Sample Sizes: Nope, but they totally should!
- Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
- Loved: That it wasn’t too opaque and that it didn’t dry out my lips!
- Hated: Almost $20.00 for Lipstick is a bit much. Also not sure about the ingredient Retinyl Palmitate, due to it’s mixed safety reviews.
- The GG’s Final Thoughts: I really liked that this product is smooth and creamy, so it didn’t dry out my lips, yet wore really well. It goes perfectly with my ZuZu Luxe Lip Liner Pencil in Innocence (which I LOVE BTW). A few of the other natural Lipsticks were sooo dry and had absolutely NO color, I hated them! The amount of pigment in this is perfect… LOVE that I don’t feel like I have to slather it on to get the desired color! It’s not too opaque and it’s not over done like a disco-ball… it’s just right! Aside from the price and that one ingredient- the only other issue I really had was that the cap is super loose! It comes off all the time- so I definitely don’t feel comfortable keeping this in my bag in the warmer weather. I will have to email them and see if they’re are all like that. Hoping I just got one that was messed up :) Thanks ZuZu Luxe! Smooches! xo
Naturalla BeautyApril 12, 2011 at 12:48 pm
I’ve got a few of their lipsticks and I’ve never had a problem with a loose cap. Unless they changed the packaging recently, I think it’s just a fluke :)
AudreyApril 12, 2011 at 9:46 pm
That is expensive for a lipstick. I haven’t had great luck with natural lipsticks, so far. The one from Real Purity I like (and they have affordable samples) but I think the color tends to feather a bit.
The Glamorganic GoddessApril 19, 2011 at 2:41 am
Naturalla Beauty… Yeah, I think so too!
Audrey… it works really well though!
The GG :)
AnonymousMay 10, 2011 at 11:41 pm
I bought the same lipstick (Patina) – and also had an issue with the cap being loose. Then I bought another one in Vegas, and had the same problem. I fixed it by wrapping a piece of cellotape around the lipstick base before replacing the cap – it tightened it up perfectly!