- Goal: To find a truly natural Liquid Foundation that has good coverage and wears well!
- Brand: Vapour Organic Beauty
- Product: Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation
- Description: Vapour raises the bar for revolutionary performance and purity with Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation. Effortlessly achieve the look of radiant, healthy skin and a more even complexion. The Soft Focus line is designed to balance all skin types, including combination and oily skin. Soft Focus leaves a smooth base for color makeup application while achieving a natural soft satin finish. With Vapour’s Light Reflective Technology the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores are diminished. Skin becomes instantly smoother, softer and more even. Made with 70% Certified Organic ingredients and 30% natural mineral pigments & vitamins. Nourishes with Organic Pumpkin and Papaya complex and brightens skin with Organic Camellia. Infused with Vapour’s face specific infusion of anti-inflammatory Frankincense, antioxidant Tulsi and moisturizing and calming Lotus flowers. 100% Natural, Chemical Free, Cruelty Free, Gluten Free, Made with Wind Power, Biodegradable ingredients, Inner & Outer Packaging Recyclable, No Nano Particles, No Irradiation. All the performance of a professional luxury foundation with none of the chemicals!
- Ingredients: Organic/Bio Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil, Organic/Bio Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Organic/Bio Lecithin, Organic/Bio Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica, Essential Oils and Natural Fruit Essences, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense)*, Organic/Bio Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi/Holy Basil), Organic/Bio Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus Flowers) [+/—: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019)] *Wildcrafted . Contains 70% Certified Organic Ingredients & 30% Minerals and Vitamins.
- Price: $48.00
- Size: 1.14 oz
- Texture: A thick, creamy serum.
- Scent: Pleasant citrus-y scent.
- Visual Attractiveness: Like the simplicity of the packaging.
- How Much I Needed: About 1-2 pumps for entire face.
- How Long I’ve Used It: Off and on for the past 6 months.
- Where to Find: VapourBeauty.com
- Sample Sizes: YEP! You can find them here!
- Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
- Customer Service: Excellent!
- Loved: How it makes my skin GLOW, feels like air and has amazing coverage!
- Hated: How pricey it is… OUCH! That I can’t find it in a store near me and how long it took them to send me the correct shade.
- The GG’s Final Thoughts: One of my FAVE Concealer‘s is also from Vapour, so of course I was totally intrigued to try their other products. Initially, I was really on the fence about this foundation… not because it didn’t have amazing coverage (which is usually the case with truly natural foundations), but that fact that I needed to learn to embrace glow-y looking skin. I know that sounds weird, but I’ve always been more of a matte person when it comes to everything but my eye shadow and lipstick. At first I was afraid it was a little greasy and heavy since it has an odd texture for a foundation… sort of like a serum. It was just something different to get used to though, and once I gave it a chance- I realized the my new love affair! This foundation makes my skin look amazing… even with occasional breakouts! I can’t believe how many compliments I’ve gotten on the health of my complexion… nobody believes that I’m even wearing any makeup! It blends really easily leaving your skin feeling soft and incredibly silky once it sets… (the key is to let it set for a minute) almost like it’s melting into your skin. It keeps my skin hydrated (which is unusual for most natural brands), wears well, evens out my skin tone, and feels like I’m not wearing anything at all. I really wish Vapour made a pressed powder foundation to set it though. Are you listening Vapour??? Since they don’t… I use this one. I’m also a firm believer in switching shades of foundation with the seasons… I don’t wear the same shade all year around. I use one for summer and one for winter- buying a lighter or darker shade, depending on season… and mixing the two during spring and fall (*please note that I only mix different shades of the same brand as not to create a chemical cocktail). I’ve been alternating between the s120 and s125 and honestly feel that a mix between the two is probably my true match. If I had to choose one that it would be closer to… it would be the s120. Thanks for making such a flawless foundation Vapour! I would definitely purchase this again! xo:)
Heglaé MaiaAugust 30, 2011 at 3:27 am
Oh, you said everything I was thinking about this base. After a lot of research, I saw great reviews at Make Up Alley (and your recommendation to try Vapour Liquid Base, I bought mine at Spirit Beauty Lounge. Same shade of yours, S120. As you, I was scared about the glowing effect, as all my previous foundations have matte finish. Everytime I use this foundation, I ask someone if my face looks greasy, and sometimes I have the wonderful reply “Are you wearing makeup?” It’s wonderful when people even can notice you’re wearing makeup, because it’s so natural! And it doesn’t breakout my oily skin. When I remove the foundation, my skin is soft and without any zits or allergies, what my previous foundations used to do with me. I’m in LOVE with this foundation!
DonnaAugust 30, 2011 at 3:40 am
I was wondering on your preference between this foundation and the Gabriel Moisturizing Liquid Foundation.
Fountain of YouthAugust 30, 2011 at 4:42 am
I tried the stick foundation when it first came out, but I got a color that was too dark for me. The color choices were more limited back then. I ended up giving it to my Mom. I need to re-visit this brand, thanks for such a thorough review!
maryAugust 30, 2011 at 6:13 am
This sounds really nice. I’m already a fan of glowy skin, so I wouldn’t have to adjust!
HayleyAugust 30, 2011 at 8:52 am
What a strange coincidence, I actually came on your blog yesterday to find a review for this foundation because I’ve been interested in trying it. I ended up buying it anyway, and after reading your review I’m glad I did :)
The Glamorganic GoddessAugust 30, 2011 at 1:37 pm
I LOVE both! Gabriel is a little more matte. Both have good coverage, but this one’s ingredients are a little cleaner. :)
The GG :)
KimiSeptember 12, 2011 at 2:10 am
I tried a sample of Vapour’s liquid foundation and every time I used it it made my skin itch and burn. Maybe I’m allergic to one of the ingredients…
It did look nice for the 20 minutes I was able to stand the itching before I washed it off.
The Glamorganic GoddessSeptember 12, 2011 at 8:15 pm
I’m so sorry to hear that… I would contact Vapour and let them know what happened. It does sound like an allergic reaction to something though. :( Sorry lady!
xo The GG :)
megOctober 6, 2011 at 1:55 am
What do you think of their stratus luminous instant skin perfector? Have you tried it? Do you think it’s safe? I just received samples I ordered today to only find that I ordered the wrong type of foundation. Bummer. That’s what you get with 2 under 2 & limited time on the computer! Lol!
mad.maeveOctober 26, 2011 at 10:27 pm
GG – what moisturizer do you use under this? I just got a vapour sample kit & this foundation seems promising, but not working too good w/ the argan oil I started using as my daily moisturizer. I think we have similar skin types (combination, early 30s, yes?) so any advice is greatly appreciated!