Goal: To find a safe body wash that works and smells really girly!
Brand I Tried: Miessence Organics
Product: Sunflower Body Wash
Product Description: Gently cleanses your body while moisturising it with lashings of vitamin-rich, cold-pressed organic safflower oil. Contains invigorating orange peel, lemon peel and lime peel oils.
Ingredients: Certified organic aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, coco glucoside, certified organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Non-GMO Xanthan Gum, certified organic citrus dulcis (sweet orange) essential oil, certified organic citrus limonum (lemon) essential oil, certified organic citrus aurantifolia (lime) essential oil, citric acid, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) fruit extract.
- Price: $1.05- Sample Sachet / $5.75- Trial Size/ $18.00- Full Size.
- Size: 0.3 fl.oz. / 1.7fl.oz / 8.5 fl.oz
- Uses: Multi-use product, YAY! Can also be used as a safe alternative to children’s bubble bath and baby wash products.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: Normal amount.
- Visual Attractiveness: Eh, it was simple.
- Texture: Silky and Sudsy!
- Scent: Sweet and Lemony! Like a Lemon-Drop!
- How Long I’ve Used It: One time (I had a sample sachet, which was a one time use).
- Easy To Find And Where? AnniesOrganics.com (NOTE: If you live in the US, make sure you select the proper “Shipping Destination” on the top right to get the US currency prices. Even though it’s an Australian Company, there is a warehouse located in the US- so there is no additional international shipping cost to buy from here- that was my first concern also).
- Acquired: Sent to me by Annie’s Organics to Review.
- Customer Service: Annie is really great! She’s sweet, knowledgeable and is very active on The GG’s Facebook Page without being pushy or trying to sell her products- which I LOVE! She’s answered any questions I’ve had right away! Great Customer Service!!
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Yes, of most products. I wish they had them for all of their products though!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 1 YAY!
- The GG’s Opinion: I LOVE the smell of this!! I found that it lathers really well, with or without my little scrubby exfoliating gloves, smells sensationally sweet… like summer (ahhh… aromatherapy) in the dead of winter! I really like that Miessence products are either made with organic or mineral-based ingredients. They contain (excluding water and salt) at least 70% organically produced agricultural ingredients. Any remaining can be non-agricultural substances (eg, clay, bicarb soda, minerals) or non-organically produced agricultural ingredients, with strict processing criteria (eg. absolutely no GMOs or synthetics chemicals). Hooray for that! Overall, it felt really clean, didn’t make my skin feel greasy, squeaky or tight. I’m usually much more of a berry than a citrus person, but I LOVED this! My only gripe is the price… $18.00 for body wash is a little steep. Other than that, I would definitely buy this again! Thanks Annie!
Organic LizDecember 13, 2010 at 10:05 pm
I read on another eco-friendly organic blog called fig and sage that miessence’s tahitian breeze deodorant is great and works well. Heres a link to the post http://figandsage.blogspot.com/2010/08/loving-right-now-miessence-organic-roll.html
And please check out my blog too, I love yours keep up the great work.
The Glamorganic GoddessDecember 20, 2010 at 4:51 am
Hi Organic Liz!
Cute Blog and thanks for the comment! I heart Fig+Sage! I heard she loved it too- and actually have it now. It does work- I’m just not too crazy about the smell of it. I don’t know though, I am so picky about SCENT! I’m going to keep using it off and on and maybe it will grow on me… :)
AnnieDecember 31, 2010 at 1:15 am
Hi GG – Thanks for the lovely review, I’m glad you liked the body wash! Shame about the Tahitian Breeze… you might prefer the Ancient Spice or even the Aroma Free version… http://anniesorganics.mionegroup.com:80/en/category/3/27
The Glamorganic GoddessJanuary 16, 2011 at 9:11 pm
I think you’re right. I LOVE the Miessence Deodorant now- but I think I would prefer the Unscented maybe! That’s why I like to test things out for a little while… Reviews coming up soon!