Goal: To find a Lip Gloss with a lot of pigment & pearly shimmer that’s safe.
Brand I Tried: Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques
Product: Botanical Lip Gloss in two different colors: “LOVE” & “PIXIE”
Product Description: (directly from their website) Soothe your lips with Lauren Brooke Botanical Lip Glosses. Made with 100% Organic oils and natural coloring and flavors. Feel good knowing your lips have the best.
Ingredients: Organic Castor Seed Oil, Organic Coconut Oil (cocos nucifera), Organic Beeswax (cera alba), Castor Wax (ricinus communis), Rosemary Oleoresin, Certified Organic Pomegranate Extract, Certified Organic Green Tea Extract, Natural Vitamin E Oil, Stevia Extract. (+/- mica, Certified Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Certified Organic Raspberry Oil Blend, Certified Organic Peppermint Oil, Certified Organic Spearmint Oil, Vanilla CO2).
- Price: $8.00
- Size: 2 ml twist up tube w/ attached brush for easy application.
- Uses: Lip Gloss.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: I got a sample size- so I didn’t have the actual applicator that the full-size comes with. At first, I didn’t use enough- once I applied a little more- I was in LOVE! Holy pearly-pigment!
- First Impression: Finally a natural lip gloss that smells like berries & has a lot of pigment!
- Visual Attractiveness: As I mentioned above- I have a sample of just the product and can only tell what the tube and applicator look like from the picture. I am generally not a fan of that type of tube because I always feel like too much comes out- but I can’t really say for sure until I try it though.
- Texture: Like Butter- but not really greasy. The perfect consistency!
- Scent: Smells like berries! YAY! Raspberry Pomegranate flavor/ scent. Awesome! If you LOVE Bubble and Bee Organic’s Raspberry Body Butta- this is like Body Butta for your lips Ladies!
- How Long I’ve Used It: About a week… it had me at hello!
- Easy To Find And Where? laurenbrookecosmetiques.com
- Acquired: Sent to me to review from Natural Joy Beauty.
- Customer Service: Joy at Natural Joy Beauty is really great! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask her. I am very picky about everything- so I just asked for her honest opinion, and she really helped me decide what was best for me based upon my preferences which really counted in my book. My advice: try a sample first so that if you don’t like it- you aren’t making a huge investment. Most of their products seem pretty reasonably priced with very impressive, safe ingredients. Definitely one of my favorite new stores to shop at online… Highly recommended!
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: I’m not sure about Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques, but Natural Joy Beauty does… I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that they offer samples of almost every product they sell – most are about .99 cents each- what a deal! Please stop by her website and check them out!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 1.
- Verdict: Hello Luscious Lips! I’m in LOVE! Ok, this is one of my favorite natural products so far! I got samples of two different colors: “Love” which is a nice girly-girl pearl pink. And “Pixie” which is a very light pearl-pink. Both are very pretty and have tons of pigment and iridescent shimmer- but not glitter. On, they look similar to my Bonne Bell but BETTER (which I loved… R.I.P. Vanilla Swirl Lip Lites LOL). My only concern is that I’m not so sure I’m gonna like the applicator tube- I will update when I get one- in the mean time I guess we’ll have to wait and see though. Price point isn’t bad and I also heart the way they taste and smell- just as girly, makeup things should! I also feel as if I might actually be able to skip the lip balm when I’m wearing this- it’s soooo smooth, creamy and moisturizing, and isn’t sticky at all! Ahhhh…. LOVE! Haha. Bottom line… I would definitely buy both of these products again! In fact I even want to try all of the other colors too! That’s a big step for me who usually plays it safe with my light neutral pink. If you’re looking for an awesome Natural (not natural looking- which is a good thing) Lip Gloss- This is the one… so pucker-up my little pretty!
UPDATE: 4.2.11– Still using & LOVING this Lip Gloss… but HATE the packaging / applicator! I feel that this has way more packaging than product. Plus, it takes forever to come out, and if I twist it too much because I think nothing is coming out- I end up with excess Lip Gloss on the brush! Yuck! Totally prefer a squeeze tube or a regular tube with a wand applicator where I have much more control of the amount. :)