♥ Company Name: Conscious Box
♥ Description: From the FAB creators Organic Soul of comes the brand spankin’ new Conscious Box! Conscious Box is a monthly delivery service that introduces you to a variety of unique, authentic, purposeful, natural + sustainable products- handpicked from ethical businesses you can trust. You can expect anything from organic food to vegan beauty products, monthly themes, lifestyle tips! Conscious Box is committed to overcoming “greenwashing” and is a proud supporter of keeping jobs in the US, only employing American workers who are treated like family, receive fair wages for packing + shipping and are encouraged to speak their minds. The company also strives to operate with zero-waste. Every box contains recycled tissue paper and is made completely of recycled materials with soy-based inks. They encourage their users to up-cycle their boxes or even send them back, where they’ll either put them to good use or have them sustainably recycled. The Conscious Box team is made up of active members of the “green” community, who spread the message of environmentalism and encourage others to take a critical stance when it comes to personal and public sustainability. They also work with 1% for the Planet to make sure every purchase goes to a cause!
♥ What’s in it:
- Honest Tea – 1 Honest Kids Tropical Tango Punch Juice Pouch, USDA Organic (6.75 oz).
- Kind Bar – Almond + Coconut (40g.).
- Glee Gum – 2 mini boxes, 1 each of Refresh-Mint + Lemon-Lime.
- Pharmacopia– 2 bottles, 1 each of Verbena Body Wash + Verbena Body Lotion (1.25 fl. oz. ea.).
- 100% Pure – 2 packets, 1 each of Honey Almond Nourishing Body Cream + Green Apple Nourishing Body Cream (.066 fl. oz. ea.).
- Mary’s Gone Crackers – 1, Love Double Chocolate Cookies, USDA Organic.
- Funky Monkey – Pink Pineapple Freeze-Dried Fruit (0.42 oz. ).
- CocoaWell – 1 packet (2 capsules) True Energy Supplement.
- Living Nutz – 1 bag Bodacious Banana Bread Walnutz (1 oz.).
- Svadanta – 1 mini tube HerbRich Ayurvedic Toothpaste, Organic Peppermint (0.2 oz.).
- Each box also contains two cards… one introduces you to Conscious Box, and provides tips and other ideas for re-using the packaging. Another explains why each of these companies were selected to share samples, as well as how these products benefit us and the planet.
$20 once a month
$60 every 3 months
$120 every 6 months
$220 a year w/ 1 mth. free!
♥ Visual Attractiveness: Loved it!
♥ Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
♥ Customer Service: Awesome!
- That you never know what you’re going to get and that there were things I would have never thought to try like the Vegan Mary’s Gone Crackers Cookies or the Funky Monkey Freeze-Dried Fruit- which were my two FAVES, BTW!
- Coupons to purchase full-sized products!
- Also loved the soy-ink based logo’s on the outer box!
- That there’s a monthly subscription fee… I don’t like things being automatically charged. For me personally- I’d rather just pay as I go (month-by-month with no subscription).
- Wish I could choose the product samples I want based on ingredients I would or wouldn’t use.
- That there is an outer box and an inner box… one would be sufficient, especially if we’re concerned about less waste.
♥ The GG’s Final Thoughts: Subscription boxes are ALL the rage these days! I think this is FAB for those who are flirting with the idea of taking baby steps towards a healthier lifestyle of natural + organic products. It gives you the opportunity to try new things you probably normally wouldn’t… without wasting money, since you didn’t have to buy an entire package. These would be a great gift to give to someone new to the Glamorganic Lifestyle! Thanks Conscious Box!
Subscribe to Conscious Box here!
stan123December 30, 2011 at 4:39 am
Thank you so much for the review! I’ve been wanting to sign up for a subscription box for a while but there weren’t any organic/natural options until Conscious Box. I think I’m going to sign up in the next couple of months :)