What You’ll Need
- A Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- A Spoon to Mix
- A Washcloth
- A Sink
- 3 Tbsps. of Plain Yogurt, Greek Yogurt, or Sour Cream, Preferably Organic (The higher the fat content, the better)
- 1 Tbsp. of Organic Honey (Regular or Raw)
- 3 Tbsps. of Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp. of Organic Oatmeal
- 1 Dash of Cinnamon
A Few Tips
Always use organic ingredients when possible…
The higher the fat content and thicker the better with the Yogurt or Sour Cream.
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and mix.
- Wash your face with cleanser to remove any makeup.
- Apply a thick, even layer of the Facial Mask onto your skin (avoiding your eyes) and relax for about 15-20 minutes.
- Lay a warm, wet washcloth over your face for a minute or so to loosen the mask, then gently wipe it off.
- Rinse your face with warm water to remove any excess and pat dry.
- I like to apply a little Organic EVOO after- but you can apply any natural moisturizer.
Why It’s Good For You
CREAM or YOGURT: is also a gentle cleanser, has anti fungal and antibacterial qualities, is useful for unclogging blocked pores. It also brightens the skin and contains naturally occurring alpha-hydroxy acid from lactic acid that exfoliates and renews the cellular surface of the skin.
HONEY: is a gentle cleanser, is awesome for acne, high in vitamin C, a variety of B vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid, as well as minerals such as potassium. It also contains powerful antioxidants which fight free radicals and reverse aging, it’s rich in amino acids, the basic building blocks of life- softening and dissolving dead skin cells and nourishing to new skin cells. Bees release glucose enzymes when they create honey that is a natural antiseptic and has antibacterial properties. When applied topically, it draws body fluids and nutrients to the area assisting in cell growth and scar prevention.
DARK CHOCOLATE: smooths wrinkles, is a skin softener, and contains fatty acids and powerful anti-oxident properties which help to absorb skin-damaging free radicals.
OATMEAL: is filled with saponins- it absorbs and removes surface dirt, softens, helps to relieve dryness, restoring natural moisture balance to aid in healing minor irritations and is awesome for sensitive skin.
CINNAMON: reduces stress and is used in aromatherapy to have comforting and relaxing effects. It’s also a powerful antioxidant, anti-depressant, an aphrodisiac, lower blood pressure, blood sugar and is an antiseptic.