Here’s a snazzy little way to create your own, custom blended, organic perfume! With all the essential oils out there, your options are endless. For this recipe, I used Prairie Organic Vodka, + Aura Cacia’s Essential Oils. Personally, I like whip up a batch using sweet + fruity scents like Vanilla, Sweet Orange, Tangerine, Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, etc. or even some of their essential oil solutions + blends – but, you can use whatevs.
Ingredients + Supplies
- Fill your perfume bottle about ½ – ¾ of the way up with Vodka.
- Add Essential Oils, until you reach the desired strength.
- Shake to blend.
- Use the best fresh, organic ingredients you can find.
- Grab DIY ingredients + supplies from Amazon, Mountain Rose Herbs, Starwest Botanicals, Aura Cacia, Frontier Co-op, or The Container Store.
- Keep in mind that this is a natural perfume, so it won’t last as long as the toxic ones since it doesn’t have the harmful penetration-enhancers that make the scent last on your skin.
Have you ever tried to make your own natural perfume?
Amy LDecember 12, 2014 at 8:08 pm
This is wonderful! I’ll have to try this soon:)
TamaraApril 2, 2022 at 9:37 pm
Any chance you could share how many drops of each scent you used in your vanilla citrus blend you mention above? I’d like to make it for my daughter. But not sure how many drops of vanilla, Sweet Orange, Tangerine, Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit you use.
DanielleApril 3, 2022 at 1:32 pm
Hey Tamara, I honestly don’t remember – its been a little while since I made this. I would just start with 2-3 drops of each, and adjust to your liking. Hope that helps! 💗✨