I love a good Sugar Scrub, and my skin loves Matcha, so I figured what better way to combine some of my fave DIY ingredients, than in this amazing facial exfoliator – that actually smells like Fruit Loops!
Organic Matcha Green Tea Scrub
I’ve been wanting to try a pretty popular Green Tea Scrub (that all the celebs rave about on IG), but it has some preservatives in it that I’m not really crazy about. So, I figured I’d try to create an at-home dupe. It’s not an exact dupe, but I really love it, and… its as close as its gonna get if I wanted to keep it organic – by using the more common, natural ingredients that were in it.
The Sugar contains Glycolic Acid – a water-soluble Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA) that effectively exfoliates skin by increasing cell turnover, and collagen. Matcha is is filled with antioxidants like EGCG Polyphenols, Chlorophyll & L-Theanine that help soothe, smooth and detoxify. Sweet Almond Oil contains Vitamin A (Retinol), Vitamin E, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and Zinc. The Vegetable Glycerin is a natural humectant to help retain moisture. And, finally – Lemongrass Essential Oil, which has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and – anti-inflammatory properties that calm and soothe skin.
- 4 Tsp. Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 4 Tbsp. Organic Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Organic Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 Tsp. Organic Vegetable Glycerin
- 1 Drop Organic Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Jar with Lid
- Measuring Spoons
- Spoon to Mix
- Measure out Dry ingredients (Matcha and Sugar), stirring to get any clumps out.
- Add in Sweet Almond Oil, Glycerin, and 1 Drop of Lemongrass Essential Oil, and mix throughly.
- Take about 1 Tablespoon of Scrub in your hand, add a few drops of water to emulsify, and apply it in a circular motion on clean, damp skin.
- Leave it on for up to 5 minutes, then rinse off, rubbing in a circular motion, and pat dry.
- FYI: Skin may have slight, temporary flushing afterwards.
- You can use any extra on your hands, feet or body.
- Stored in a cool, dry place, in a tightly sealed jar – it should stay for up to 3 days.
- You can leave out the Essential Oil of you want.
20% OFF your NOW FOODS Order with Code: GLAMORGANIC!
Have you tried this Recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Caution: Essential Oils are highly concentrated & should be used with care. Dilute Essential Oils as directed, do not exceed dilutions recommended for this recipe. Pure Essential Oils can be irritating to skin. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of children. Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing.