Lifeless locks? Try this Hot Oil How-To for super soft + shiny hair! A quick root massage with healthy hot oil allows nutrients to strengthen hair, stimulate circulation, reduce loss, encourage growth, restore shine + melt away stress!
What You’ll Need
- Hot Towel
- Shower Cap
- Treatment Oil
- Essential Oil (optional)
Choosing an Oil
- Olive – thick, dry hair, scalp conditions
- Argan – all hair types, dry hair
- Jojoba – fine, oily hair
- Coconut – all hair types, dandruff + flaking
- Castor – fine, oily hair, scalp infections
- Sesame – all hair types, thinning hair
- Avocado – coarse, damaged hair
Essential Oil Add-ins
- Normal – Lavender
- Dry – Peppermint
- Oily – Lemongrass
- Damaged – Rosemary
Rather BUY than DIY?
Try these pre-mixed treats for your tresses
- Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil, $14
- Badger Seabuckthorn Hair Oil For All Hair Types, $19
- Yarok Feed Your Sunshine Hair Serum, $26
- Holly Beth Organic Chocolate Peppermint Hair + Body Silk, $54
- Heat Towel by running under very hot water + wringing, or in the dryer.
- Make sure Treatment Oil is in a heat-resistant, glass container with a tightly sealed lid
- Always use the highest quality of fresh, organic ingredients when possible.
- Most materials + ingredients can be purchased at Mountain Rose Herbs or on Amazon.
- Warm oil in a 2-3 minute hot water bath
- Part hair into 4 sections
- Apply oil to scalp, gently massaging to evenly distribute
- Add remaining oil to the length of hair + ends
- Cover with shower cap
- Cover shower cap with hot towel for 30 minutes
- Wash + repeat as necessary
- Condition (optional) + rinse as usual