Dry, cracked + chapped lips? Me too, gurrrl!
For smooch-able lips, slough it all off with this 4 ingredient, DIY lip scrub-a-dub-dub. In this recipe I used Wedderspoon’s Raw Fir Honey (from Greece!) because it’s rich in healing vitamins + nutrients. The Sugar exfoliates, the Olive Oil helps moisturize, + the Lemon Essential Oil is good for dull + lackluster skin! Plus, freshly exfoliated lips help lipstick go on smoother + last a little longer! So.. pucker up, Princess!
Ingredients + Supplies
- ½ Tsp. Organic Olive Oil
- ¼ Tsp. Wedderspoon Gold, Raw Fir Honey *Currently 50% OFF! Get it while it lasts!
- 1 – 1 ½ Tbsp. Organic Sugar
- 2-3 Drops Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Small Jar
- Mix the Honey, Olive Oil + Lemon Essential Oil together.
- Add the Sugar + combine well.
- Store it in a clean, airtight jar.
- Lean over your sink + pick up a small handful of scrub, rubbing it in a circular motion over your lips.
- Repeat + rinse as necessary.
- Follow-up with an organic balm packed with lip-healing ingredients, like this one from Wedderspoon Organic. It’s their NEW Organic Manuka, Lavender + Lemon Lip Balm, + it’s amazingly moisturizing!
Tips + Tricks
- For a creamier consistency, add a tiny bit of Waxelene or Egyptian Magic. You’ll have to wipe it off, instead of rinsing though.
- If you want to kick this up a notch, try adding Organic Brown Sugar instead of Organic Cane (White) Sugar, as it’s a bit more abrasive.
- After letting this sit for a few hours, you might get some hard, crunchy pieces. Just massage it with your fingers to break them up before using on your lips.
- In this recipe, I used Lemon Essential Oil, but feel free to use anything you have on hand. Peppermint is another great option!
- Grab DIY ingredients + supplies from Amazon, Mountain Rose Herbs, Starwest Botanicals, Aura Cacia, Frontier Co-op, or The Container Store.
Get 50% OFF Wedderspoon Gold, Raw Fir Honey while it lasts! No code necessary. And, you know I’m a huge fan of their Manuka Honeys – so, check out their brand spankin’ NEW Raw Manuka Factor 22 Honey + Organic Manuka Honey, Lavender + Lemon Lip Balms!
Have you ever made your own Lip Polish? What did you think?
AlexFebruary 10, 2016 at 10:20 am
I’m the queen of getting really chapped lips, so I’ll have to try this lip polish.
RayneFebruary 13, 2016 at 12:28 pm
Oooh I always love a good DIY lip polis! This is one I have seen a few times (or at least similar) but I am still yet to try it – I keep meaning to!
DanielleFebruary 18, 2016 at 4:07 pm
I know, me too Rayne! I’d been meaning to try to make a lip scrub for forever, Lol. So, I’m happy I finally got around to trying one! Enjoy! Xo <3
arneMarch 17, 2016 at 10:32 am
Love this simple DIY reipe! Effective, and so delicious that one may want to swallow it! :P