Many of you know that I’ve worked with Unite For HER over the years as one of their Health + Beauty Advisors – but in 2015, with a 2nd Breast Cancer diagnosis, I had to take a step back (from both UFH + the Blog, etc.) to give myself the time I needed to heal.
During that time, I’ve been able to be a recipient of one of their Path to Healing Grants, as well as one of their Passport to Wellness Grants. These Grants help women like me, to get access to a year of Complementary Therapies, like – Medical Acupuncture, Professional Counseling, Sexual Health Counseling After Cancer, Oncology + Lymphatic Drainage Massage, Nutrition Counseling + Local CSA Shares, Healthy Beauty Consultations, Reiki, Yoga Classes, Fitness Memberships + more, ALL at no cost to us.
My mission, first + foremost on The Glamorganic Goddess has always been to help others going though the same things I was. In my experience as a young Cancer Survivor… there have always been very limited resources (both informationally + financially) for young women, going through Breast Cancer, especially those of us who’ve chosen a more integrative approach to healing. Nearly 10 years later, things are a little better, but this is one of the main reasons I had an instant connection with Unite for HER, right off the bat.
Unite for Her’s Mission
Unite for HER’s mission is to bridge the gap between the medical + wellness communities, by funding complementary therapies that support the physical + emotional needs of those diagnosed with Breast Cancer, during + after Treatment. They educate Survivors, Pre-vivors + the community about how healthy lifestyle choices can prevent disease, + impact wellness through their website + their many outreach programs.
When people ask me where or how they can Donate to help Breast Cancer Survivors, one of the first things I tell them is to check the organization’s financials. And, you can do that for UFH here. I think this is so important to do with any charity really, because, like many of you – I’ve also done countless walks, + various sales, etc. to raise money for “Awareness”, but quickly realized when I was going through it… that often times it doesn’t get to the right places… especially with many of the larger “Pink Ribbon” organizations. A great clue into this is the movie “Pink Ribbons Inc.” We don’t need anymore brocheures + pamphlets… we need REAL help, that will lead us down a path of SurThriving!
Her Care Boxes
Unite for HER’s Limited Edition HER Care Boxes – feature a range of self-care items, carefully curated by UFH’s Medical + Wellness Advisors to promote healing, that will empower HER emotional + physical well-being during Breast Cancer Treatment, + far beyond.
100% of the proceeds will benefit Unite for HER’s mission to fully-fund + deliver Complementary Therapies to Newly-Diagnosed Women, supporting the physical + emotional wellness of Breast Cancer patients.
What’s Inside The Box?
- The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen Book by Rebecca Katz, MS
- Eat Pretty Everyday Book by Jolene Hart, CHC, AADP (UFH Beauty Advisor)
- Set of Thanks You Notes by Ford Lee – custom designed for UFH
- Assorted Beauty Products from ACURE – I received: Mint Clarifying Body Wash, USDA Organic Radically Rejuvenating Facial Toner, Coconut + Argan Cleansing Towelettes, Radically Rejuvenating Vegetable Peel, USDA Organic Dry Shampoo for all hair types, + their Brightening Facial Scrub
- Biossance 100% Squalene Oil (plant-derived)
- Kari Gran Peppermint Tinted Lip Whip
- Lancaster Farmacy Healing Salve
- Lancaster Farmacy USDA Organic Lifting Lemon Loose-leaf Tea
- Unite For Her Mug
- Sun + Earth Light Citrus Natural Laundry Detergent
- AnaOno Miena Mastectomy Robe with Drain Management Belt – Black
- Eat Clean, Live Green, Be Real UFH + ACURE Cosmetic Bag
- Unite for Her Tote Bag
- Jade Yoga Travel Mat – Olive Green
There’s also a variety of Education Information in each box, including: A Welcome Note from Unite for HER’s Founder – Sue Weldon, Healthy Recipe Cards, Natural + Organic Household Cleaning Wallet Card, Dirty Dozen / Clean 15 Produce Wallet Card, Healthy Beauty / Ingredients to Avoid Wallet Card, Beauty Is Wellness Product Guide, Raise ‘Em / Check ‘Em Monthly Self Breast Exams How-To Guide, Unite For Her’s Online Community Social Links, Product Info from some of the sponsors like AnaOno (with a coupon code) + Lancaster Farmacy, as well as a beautiful Note Card with who the Box is from, + another one that says who it’s packed by! Mine was packed by: Carol… Thanks Carol!
4 Different Box Options
I received the Large Box (with both options, for review purposes). You can get more info about exactly what’s in each of the boxes here.
- Small Box | $50 + FREE SHIPPING
- Medium Box | $100 + FREE SHIPPING
- Large Box (with Jade Yoga Travel Mat) | $200 + FREE SHIPPING
- Large Box (with Biossance Squalene Oil) | $200 + FREE SHIPPING
Each box is hand-packed by the amazing team of Unite for HER volunteers (many which are also Breast Cancer Survivors themselves) + is shipped from their office in West Chester, PA.
Limited quantities available + each box may vary slightly.