I’ve been a longtime shopper + a really huge fan of Pharmaca, so I was totally thrilled when they asked me to be one of their #PharmacaAmbassadors! Read more about Pharmaca + why I love it so much, here.
Earlier this Spring, Pharmaca sent each of their Beauty Ambassadors a box full of their current FAVES, New Product Releases, + Best-Sellers! Here’s what was inside…
- ★ DR. HAUSCHKA Eye Make-Up Remover – This dual-phase formula gently cleanses with natural oil emollients, rose water + pure plant extracts like Eyebright + Fennel that harmonize + soothe the sensitive eye area. You can’t really go wrong with any Dr. H products, in my opinion. I found this worked best when I mixed a few drops right into my facial cleanser.
- ★ INIKA ORGANIC Bold Lash Vegan Mascara (Black) – Inika recently introduced several new additions to their award-winning mascara line, including this version that’s ideal for blond or wispy lashes. This buildable, deeply pigmented formula dramatically amplifies lashes, + features a large brush that separates + coats individual lashes. I’ve been a fan of Inika for years, but it had been awhile since I’ve tried any of their stuff… definitely worth a shot if you’re on the hunt for a cleaner mascara! Just make sure to apply setting powder, or a powder foundation under your eyes prior to applying.
- SANITAS Detoxifying Scrub Mask – This all-in-one product is packed with active ingredients that exfoliate, detoxify + brighten without robbing skin of essential moisture. May be used up to 3 times per week. I love mask / scrub combos, but this one just wasn’t a favorite… I think there are plenty of other scrub / mask versions out there with cleaner ingredients that I like more. So, for now – this was a pass for me.
- ★ SEED PHYTONUTRIENTS Daily Hair Cleanser – This vegan daily shampoo provides a gentle yet deeply nourishing clean using vitmin-rich organic camelina + sunflower seed oils. Features a delightful sea salt + bergamot aroma, + comes in the first-ever, shower-friendly post-consumer recycled paper bottle (and don’t forget to claim the heirloom seed packet inside the packaging before composting / recycling it)! This was the first time I tried one of their products + I didn’t know what to do with the packaging to be honest. At first, I took the bottle out of the package, because I thought it was completely made of Seed Paper (that you could plant), + I didn’t want it to get wet. Then I quickly realized that the bottle wouldn’t stand up on it’s own without the paper packaging – the bottom of the bottle is round for some reason? So, I put it back in – but, I wouldn’t leave it in my shower like that, even though I think their site says you can. All in all, I liked the shampoo though.
- SONAGE Patagonia Berry Stem Cell Mask – This antioxidant-rich, intensely hydrating face mask helps reduce fine lines + wrinkles. Maqui berry, squalene, rice bran, passionflower + other natural antioxidants leave skin polished + visible brighter. Ideal for dry / dehydrated or mature skin. This was probably the product I was most excited about in the box (I loooooove masks!), but unfortunately, it just didn’t do anything for my skin.
- ★ SPARITUAL Nourishing Vegan Nail Color (Inner Sanctuary) – Let your nails breathe with this 10-free nail color. The all-in-one formula allows oxygen + hydration to penetrate to your nails while providing excellent color + coverage. No need for a base coat or topcoats! Just two coats of color to create healthy, beautiful nails. This was my first time trying anything from Sparitual, + I was pretty impressed. It wasn’t a color I would’ve initially picked for myself (and it looked a bit different during the first coat than it did in the bottle), but I really ended up loving it!
- AVENE Cicalfate For Lips – One of Avene’s best-selling products, Cicalfate now comes in a formula specially designed to heal + nourish your lips. This unique, patented combination of powerful ingredients is clinically show to restore skin + speed up the recovery process. While I wanted to try this, it just had to many ingredients that I didn’t feel comfortable using, especially on my lips – so, I was a little bummed about that.
- MYCHELLE Perfect C Pro 25% Serum – This professional-level vitamin C formula provides accelerated brightening + antioxidant / anti-pollution benefits. Formulated with the highest, active level of stable 25% L-Asorbic Acid to address the improvement of skin texture + visible signs of aging. MyChelle makes some really great products, especially if you’re new to the natural beauty world, however – there are definitely a few preservatives in this formula I could’ve done without, but it’s a good product overall.
A Quick Note…
As always, you know I give my honest opinions… and, sometimes when I receive PR packages like this – the ingredients may be clean enough for most people, but not necessarily up to my standards. There were definitely both some “hits” + “misses” for me. I wasn’t crazy about a few of the ingredients in some of the products they sent – but I did want to give them all a fair shot – just incase they might end up being Holy Grail Status (where we sometimes give an iffy ingredient or two, a “Free Pass”).
At the end of the day, the ingredients in these are far better than most conventional beauty products, so – I thought they might be worth a mention. You can double check the ingredients in each product by clicking on the links I’ve provided above. I did however put a star ★ by the ones that were my favorites though! So check those out!
Products Available At…
Get 15% OFF with code GLAMORGANIC15!