Goal: To find a safe soap or body wash at a local store that works.
Brand I Tried: Whole Foods Market
Product: Organic Triple Milled Soap in Lemon Verbena.
Product Description: (Taken directly from their website) The lemon verbena shrub, native to South America, emits a powerful lemony fragrance. Our organic soap, exquisitely crafted in the South of France, is made with certified organic palm and coconut oils, scented with all essential oils and is phthalate and preservative free. With a crisp, sweet scent, our premium soap is triple-milled to ensure a luxurious lather that will leave your skin clean, moisturized and invigorated. Selection and availability may vary from store to store.
Ingredients: Certified organic saponified palm oil, water (aqua), essential oils: citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, cymbopogon nardus (citronella) oil, verbena officinalis (lemon verbena) oil, vegetable glycerin, certified organic butyrospermum parkii (shea butter).
- Price: $5.99
- Size: NET WT 8 OZ (227g). AKA- gigantic bar of soap!
- Uses: Hands, Face, Body Cleanser.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: As normally would be expected.
- First Impression: Very affordable! And, oooohhh… the fresh scent is unbelievable!
- Visual Attractiveness: Snazzy, expensive-looking lime green packaging… made from minimum 30% recycled material. Bar inside is a creamy lemon- yellow color, matching the scent. Mmmmm!
- Texture: Creamy, sudsy and bubbly. YAY! Smooth texture.
- Scent: So fresh and so clean and sooo girly! OMG I heart it sooooooo much! I have been walking in and out of my bathroom periodically since I got it just to smell it! Shhhh! They need to make a matching candle or something! I’m in LOVE!
- How Long I’ve Used It: For a few days now.
- Easy To Find And Where? Yes, At your local Whole Foods Market. Finally! Something major that I can walk into the store and grab off the shelf! Woo-hoo!
- Acquired: I purchased.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: No, but I did try to cut this… and it broke into a million pieces. Ugh! If anyone has any better ideas- help a sister out!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Whole Foods Market Organic Lemon Verbena Triple Milled Soap: 1. I had to enter it in to the database. It probably should be a zero though.
- Verdict: Girl, I AM HOOKED! I am IN LOVE with the smell of this soap! The aromatic scent fills the bathroom for long after you shower. It’s smooth, sudsy, creamy, economical AND not going to kill me (chemical-free /safe)! What more could a girl ask for in her soap? Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of the Palm Oil perhaps??? Ok, maybe. And if it could shave my legs for me- that would be spectacular! I know, I know- I’ll take this for now. Makes my skin feel silky, non-irritating so far. However, I did try to shave my legs with it- and although it made a really wonderful, thick lather… it made the razor skip a little. Ouchies! Yeah, so not such a hot idea to shave with it. Figured it was worth a shot though. I still miss body wash :( but not as much as I thought I would. Finally somebody understands that we want a great natural body care product that smells clean, fruity and girly! Not woodsy, like I just rolled around in dirt… in the woods, and hugged a tree- clean. LOL. I would definitely buy this again… and I’ve NEVER bought store-brand soap. The only problem is… Hmmm… what scent will I try next???
UPDATE: 4.2.11- Still one of my all-time FAVE soaps… the scent is intoxicating! Non-toxic, but intoxicating… Lol, you know what I mean ; ) xo