Goal: To find a truly natural toothpaste.
Product: Plant Gel, Salt, Ratanhia & Calendula Toothpastes.
Ingredients: (click to see complete lists of ingredients) Plant Gel Toothpaste, Salt Toothpaste, Ratanhia Toothpaste or Calendula Toothpaste.
Plant Gel Toothpaste: Natural cleansing and protection for delicate gums. Clean teeth, care for sensitive gums and balance the normal functions of your mouth with this soothing tooth gel. It’s a gentle way to clean your mouth with natural silica and help reduce the buildup of plaque. Your sensitive gums are soothed by the mild antiseptic properties of organic chamomile flower extract. The gently effective disinfectant in our soothing myrrh extracts and the astringent properties of organic ratanhia are proven oral healthcare secrets from ancient cultures that naturally clean and tone your modern mouth. With the invigorating taste of lively mint and citrus fruits, your mouth feels completely refreshed. You’ve finally found soothing oral care that effectively cleans your teeth, so tell those sensitive gums to relax.
Salt Toothpaste: Natural protection for teeth and gums. Teeth in need of a whitening scrub-down get sensational cleaning with this remarkable toothpaste. It’s a full oral cleansing that helps prevent the buildup of plaque and cares for your gums. Developed with the cooperation of European dentists long before baking soda toothpastes became trendy, our unique formula includes sea salt to create a powerful natural cleanser and whitener for your teeth. Your gums are purified and stimulated by organic blackthorn flower extract. The gently effective disinfectant in our soothing myrrh extract and the astringent properties of organic ratanhia are proven healthcare secrets from ancient cultures that naturally clean and tone your modern mouth. You’re left with brilliant, white teeth in a refreshed and healthy mouth. Show off those pure whites from ear to ear — little says more about you than a naturally beautiful smile.
Ratanhia Toothpaste: Natural cleansing of the teeth and strengthening of the gums. Thoroughly cleanse your teeth and care for gums with the gentle power of minerals and the pure organic and natural plant extracts in this effective toothpaste. It’s our popular paste that gently cleans your teeth, soothes and helps strengthen your gums and tastes minty fresh. The astringent properties of organic ratanhia and the gently effective disinfectant in our soothing myrrh extracts are proven healthcare secrets from ancient cultures that naturally clean and tone your modern mouth. Your gums feel invigorated and toned and your smile sparkles from the natural cleansing power of calcium. Strong gums protect the healthy teeth in your beautiful smile.
Calanedula Toothpaste: Natural oral protection, peppermint free. Teeth and gums are thoroughly cleaned and cared for with the gentle power of minerals and pure organic and natural plant extracts in this toothpaste. It’s a peppermint-free oral treatment that keeps your mouth fresh and helps prevent the buildup of plaque with regular use. Your gums are cleaned and soothed by the mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of Biodynamic® and organic calendula flower extract. Myrrh extract has been used for centuries as an oral disinfectant. If you’re taking homeopathic medicines and want to avoid peppermint oil, organic fennel oil is an effective alternative that refreshes and cleans. Your mouth feels naturally clean without the residue of fluoride and synthetic detergents. Smile with a mouthful of happy, healthy teeth.
- Price: $7.00
- Size: 3.3 OZ (97.5g)
- Texture: Plant Gel (gel), the rest were like a paste.
- Taste: Plant Gel – Minty. Salt – Minty / Salty. Calendula – Licorice. Ratanhia – A combo of Calendula & Plant Gel.
- Visual Attractiveness: I like the colorful tubes, packaging could use an update though.
- How Much I Needed: Normal amount.
- How Long I’ve Used It: 3-4 months so far.
- Where to Find: Weleda
- Sample Sizes: Only of the Calendula one as far as I know. They should offer an oral care sample / travel kit.
- Acquired: I purchased the Plant Gel one, the rest were sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
- Loved: The metal tubes. That they have healthy ingredients that work! No fluoride, detergents, synthetic fragrances, colours, preservatives and raw materials derived from mineral oils. Woo-hoo!
- Hated: Slightly pricey. That they all had screw-caps instead of flip-caps. That they’re hard to find in stores like Target.
- The GG’s Final Thoughts: Did you know that your dental health is directly related to your overall health? I’ve definitely had waaaay more than my fair share of dental issues in the past year. The culprit? Most likely radiation damage from Breast Cancer treatment… another story for another time though. I’ve had my entire mouth pretty much re-done (not an exaggeration, it was a painfully ongoing project) and the amount of money, tears, anxiety, not being able to smile, etc… does not even begin to cover it. Needless to say, I have NO intentions of EVER going through all this agony ever again… so you better believe I’ve been on the prowl to find natural oral heath care products that have healthy, yet effective ingredients! For one, I haven’t found any others that have even come close to the ingredients in these so far. Flavors are subtle… you can still eat, drink, etc. after brushing (not sure why you’d want to, but you can). None of them foam in case that’s a deal breaker (fine with me) and I love how clean my teeth and gums feel on a regular basis. I use these with my Sonicare Toothbrush which also helps, for sure :) Since I actually liked all of them, it was really hard to choose! My FAVE out of the bunch is the Plant Gel. I love, love, love minty anything as far as food, gum, toothpaste, chocolate (especially, Lol) etc… but also hate that “too cold” feeling like as if you just ate Antartica! Thankfully, not the case here. The Salt one made my teeth feel the best out of all of them. Definitely an acquired taste… minty and salty with little scrubbies, but nothing I couldn’t get used to. Another plus is that if you don’t like mint at all, there are other options… now that’s hard to come by in toothpaste! The Calendula tastes like licorice and was probably my least FAVE of them all, but I still liked it. And the Ratanhia was sort of a combination of the Calendula & the Plant Gel which I liked as well. Thanks Weleda…Rock on! With (naturally) minty-fresh kisses… xo