Goal: To find a safe, natural / organic concealer… THAT WORKS!
Brand: Vapour Organic Beauty
Product: Illusionist Concealer in color #020 Light/ Medium.
Description: Using the convenience of a stick applicator, Illusionist quickly and effectively helps perfect the skin’s trouble spots. Now available in an expanded range of shades, Illusionist covers dark circles and blemishes effortlessly and blends beautifully in combination with Atmosphere Luminous Foundation. Illusionist provides excellent coverage but never deposits unevenly and does not clog pores. Its light touch instantly gives the skin a healthier and more even appearance. Vapour Illusionist Concealer is made with 70% Certified Organic ingredients. The other 30% consists of natural mineral pigments and vitamins which are not available as certified organics. Mineral Pigments suspended in a proprietary blend of Certified Organic ingredients. Designed with a higher pigment load for areas that need extra coverage. Immediately moisturizes, brightens complexion, and evens skin tone. Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and pores. Enhances the skin’s natural, healthy glow. Helps transform the look and feel of your skin. Envelops the skin in rich, breathable protection. Moisturizing base allows minerals to move with the skin. Pigments do not deposit in pores and fine lines. Will not clog pores. Combined with Atmosphere Foundation this concealer completes your flawless finish. Convenient, Quick and Easy stick application, No tools needed; All products blend beautifully into the skin with fingertips, Travels easily (especially in airports).
Ingredients: (Contains 70% Certified Organic Ingredients. The other 30% consists of natural mineral pigments and vitamins which are not available as certified organic.). Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil* infused with Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense)**, Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi, Holy Basil)*, Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus Flowers)*; Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Essential Oils & Natural Fruit Essences, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019)] *Certified Organic.
- Price: $ 20.00
- Size: .16 oz
- Texture: Very soft & creamy. At first I thought it was too greasy, but once I figured out how to apply it, I LOVED it!
- Scent: None really.
- Visual Attractiveness: Sleek tube!
- How Much I Needed: A little more than I did with conventional concealers, but less than all of the other natural concealers I’ve tried. It covered well! YAY!
- How Long I’ve Used It: About a month.
- Where to Find: VapourBeauty.com
- Sample Sizes: Not that I know of, but they totally should! It’s really hard to match makeup colors over the Internet sometimes!!
- Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
- Loved: The amount of coverage I got from it, and that it didn’t feel too heavy! I also got the color right the first try over the Internet (which is like a cold chance in hell for me, Lol).
- Hated: That the product is too soft to be in a stick/ tube, and that I can’t tell how much is left before I have to re-order.
- The GG’s Final Thoughts: So far this is the best natural/ organic concealer I have found yet! Most have been too greasy, too dry, gritty, were too shear, creased, didn’t wear well, stay on, or looked like dirt on my face, etc. At first I thought this was too greasy for me, but the second time I tried it- I used way less, and let it set for a minute- then applied a little pressed powder over it– and fell in LOVE! It has stayed put every time I’ve worn it so far. I wish Vapour had a pressed powder of their own, wink, wink ;)! I normally would like the convenience of a stick- but in this case, I felt that the product was waaaaay too soft! :( I would much rather apply it from a pot/ jar (with a concealer brush). I also had a little trouble getting the product to twist up / back down in the tube. Every time I use it, the concealer stick gets stuck on the way up- then there’s too much or collapses down and squishes out the sides… this is a royal pain, especially when I want to close the tube! Grrr!! I also wish there was a better way that I could tell when I might run out so I can re-order more (which might be easier to estimate in a jar). As far as choosing the correct color for my skin- I actually found the “How To Wear” tab on the product description to be really helpful. All in all, the coverage is AWESOME, the shade matches my skin PERFECTLY, and it wears FABULOUSLY (this is coming from a reformed MAC-addict)! I really LOVE this product and would definitely buy it again… hopefully in a different container though! Here’s to a beautiful new relationship… Thanks Vapour! xo
Update 4.12.13 – I’m not sure if it’s just me or not, but while this is still one of the best natural concealer’s – it seems as if the formula is a little more sheer than it used to be. I prefer the old, heavier coverage. Anyone else experienced this?
caitie_arFebruary 16, 2011 at 4:05 am
I was actually just thinking about trying this the other day…I’ve yet to find a natural concealer that will cover my dark circles well + not end up looking cakey. Glad to hear this worked for you!
The Glamorganic GoddessFebruary 16, 2011 at 4:45 am
Ugh, please! Me too!
I saw this awesome video on Kandee Johnson’s YouTube Channel on how to apply concealer to get rid of under eye circles, etc. And it’s worked really well for me!
Here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL3m0E8xULk
Hope this helps!
The GG :)
AnonymousFebruary 16, 2011 at 3:20 pm
I’m super pale to where any dark concealers look splotchy on me… Would you say the light to medium shade would work on alabaster fair skin?
The Glamorganic GoddessFebruary 16, 2011 at 9:37 pm
It’s hard to say since I can’t see you :) I would probably try the Light one… #010 in your case. I normally would have gone for the Medium one for myself, but I went a little light than I thought, and it was a perfect match!
The GG :)
DianaFebruary 17, 2011 at 2:10 am
I am new to Vapour organics too, and actually just placed my order the other day. I e-mailed them to find out if they had any promotions going on for new customers, and they did–get a free concealer stick with any purchase!! I made my purchase that day! Lol. I ordered the sample kit, so I can try a few of their stuff, and also the concealer stick. Also, I emailed and asked if for some reason the color was off could I send it back and exchange for a different color, and she said ‘Of course!’ and was extremely friendly through the whole process. I am excited to try this company, and hopefully the concealer will cover up my horrible acne that won’t go away! >:( Lol.
The Glamorganic GoddessFebruary 17, 2011 at 2:17 am
Keep us posted on The GG’s Facebook Page!
The GG :)
JenniferJuly 23, 2011 at 9:35 pm
They do offer sample kits for $15. You can pick I think up to 5 samples of various products.
Just click on “samples” at the top of their page. Straight from their website:
Sample kits are $15 and include 5 samples of your choosing. With your samples you will
receive a $10 OFF promotion code (one promo code PER ORDER) good for a future purchase
on a full-size product within 30 days. The code will be emailed to you when your order ships.
Each sample contains one to two uses of the chosen product.
To purchase a sample kit, select FIVE items from the choices below.
Once you have made your selections, click Add to Cart. One kit per order.
Multiple samples of one product per kit are not allowed. Samples are available for all Vapour
products except Mesmerize Eyeliner. Samples do not qualify for return or exchange. Promotion
and discount codes may not be used toward the purchase of samples. Sample kits will not
include product ingredients or directions; please refer to the ‘ingredients’ and ‘how to wear’ tabs
on the product page for this information.
The Glamorganic GoddessJuly 26, 2011 at 5:37 pm
The GG :)