Goal: To find an all natural organic deodorant that smells girly and really works!
Brand I Tried: Salubritas
Product: Pina Colada Deodorant Balm
Product Description: “Smelling good doesn’t have to be bad for you.” Made with love in Park City, Utah by Salubritas (Latin for healthfullness & wholesomeness) whose mission is to provide an effective alternative to chemical-laden body care products for the health-conscious individual in an earth-friendly way. Try one of six scents or unscented.
Ingredients: Organic shea butter, sodium bicarbonate (good ol’ fashioned baking soda), organic cocoa butter, organic arrowroot powder, organic coconut oil, vitamin E, and essential oils (organic pina colada flavor oil in pina colada). Sodium bicarbonate works to neutralize odor while arrowroot powder absorbs moisture. The butters and oils give it a luxuriously rich consistency and help the powders “stick”.
- Price: $10.99 / $2.00
- Size: 1.75 oz. (Aluminum-Free, Food-Grade Steel) Tin / 0.2 oz Sample.
- Uses: Deodorant.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: A pea-sized amount under each arm.
- Visual Attractiveness: Like the logo.
- Texture: Like a Lip Balm.
- Scent: Smells more like Pineapple… didn’t smell any Coconut.
- How Long I’ve Used It: For about a month (between the 3 that I tried).
- Easy To Find And Where? NaturalJoyBeauty.com
- Acquired: Sent to me by Natural Joy Beauty to Review.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Yes.
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 2 (should probably score lower, but they don’t specify which essential oils they use).
- The GG’s Opinion: Although Pit Putty still has my heart… here is another option for you. I really like this for three main reasons. 1. because it ‘s good for you, 2. because it really works and 3. because of it’s ease of use! When applying it- it glides right on, with no crumbling… unlike my Pit Putty, especially in the cold winter months :( and it is super easy to rub in! I know what you’re thinking… it must be greasy, slick and slimy, right? NOPE! It actually dries to a nice silky, smooth finish somehow and also makes it easier to shave the next day! Silky smooth armpits anyone? LOL. Plus, when you massage your underarm in a downwards motion, it stimulates the Lymph System- which helps you get rid of toxins ASAP. YAY! I found that I didn’t need as much as I thought and even used a little less than the actual recommended (pea size) amount. I’ve tired the Orange Lavender (wasn’t crazy about it-smelled only like Lavender to me), the Pina Colada (smells only like Pineapple to me) & the Unscented (smells like pure Shea Butter). Pina Colada is my favorite with the Unscented being a close second. However, I must note that none of these smelled as girly as I’d like them too, and I’m still having a hard time getting used to the smell of the shea butter, BUT the smooth, moisturized condition of my skin makes up for it all! Hmmm… guess it’s growing on me :) I could probably even skip a day if I reeeeeally wanted too (Shhh… don’t tell anyone). Ew. LOL.
BeatriceDecember 15, 2010 at 4:49 am
I have used these products for a long time and they are really really good. i am very pleased!
The Glamorganic GoddessDecember 20, 2010 at 4:53 am
YAY! Thanks Beatrice! :)
AnonymousMarch 9, 2011 at 1:19 am
Can you review the Spice scented one please? I have the Orange Lavender and I really don’t like the smell so I was thinking about buying either the Pina Colada or the Spice.
The Glamorganic GoddessMarch 10, 2011 at 6:03 am
Personnaly, I LOVE sweet, fruity scents… so I’m not so sure I would like the Spice one… but if you want you can order Samples of all of them for $2.00 (I think) at Natural Joy Beauty http://www.naturaljoybeauty.com/servlet/the-262/Salubritas-All-Natural-Deodorant/Detail
The GG :)