$180 | You Are Loved Limited Edition Gift Set
Enveloped in the Aloha spirit of love + adoration, You Are Loved is presented in an alluring Gold + Indigo Gift Box, eager to ignite moments of passion + connection filled with decadence + love.
You Are Loved Limited Edition Gift Set Includes…
- The Petal Mask | 100 ml.
- The Bean Mask | 50 ml.
- The Attar Onaona Perfume | 5 ml.
- Mini Bamboo Spoon
- Custom Gift Box
The Petal Mask
The Petal is MAHALO’s latest release (now available for individual sale, YAY)! It’s a thoroughly feminine skincare indulgence that is intended for daily use. This luxuriously-gentle, beta-hydroxy treatment mask is formulated to provide deep hydration + improved texture for a glowing, plump complexion. The Petal’s 28 active ingredients nourish your skin with active enzymes + replenishing nutrients, among which are the sophisticated blend of natural + organic essential oils known for their therapeutic properties, mineral-rich amazonian white clay (known for it’s skin toning + revitalizing abilities), + the low molecular weight hyaluronic acid known for it’s ability to sink deep into the dermis to deliver intense hydration.
The bio-active Hawaiian + manuka honeys are prized for their therapeutic enzymes + unique antibacterial components that encourage instant rejuvenation + nurture skin cells in a potent, lasting way. The fusion of rose in it’s many forms as a hydrosol, petals, essential oil + an absolute, offers one of the most complete experiences of this esteemed queen of flowers.
The Petal Mask helps…
- Gently remove dead skin and stimulate cellular renewal
- Manage problem-prone skin by clearing bacteria that cause inflammation
- Balance oil production
- Reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines
- Brighten, revitalize and tone for an improved smooth texture
- Deeply hydrate for a plump, glowing appearance
Raw honey blend* [mel (Hawaiian honey), leptospermum scoparium mel 15+ (manuka honey)], rosa damascena (rose hydrosol)*, amazonian white clay, sodium hyaluronate, rosa damascena (rose flowers)*, camellia japonica*, laminaria (algae)*, silver hydrosol, sclerotium gum, rose clay, rosa damascena (rose oil), jasminum officinale (jasmine)*, calendula officinalis (calendula)*, artemisia pallens (davana), cananga odorata (ylang ylang)*, citrus aurantium var. bergamia (bergamot fcf)*, rosa centifolia (rose de mai)*, hibiscus sabdariffa (hibiscus)*, pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium)*, theobroma cacao (cocao absolute), vanilla planifolia (vanilla), santalum paniculatum (hawaiian sandalwood)*, curcuma longa (turmeric)*, lithospermum erythrochizon (gromwell), salix alba (white willow)*, cedrus atlantica (cedarwood atlas)*, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate (vitamin C ster). *clean ingredients: organic + local and/or wild harvested (when available).
The Bean Mask
The Bean, is named after it’s active ingredients – cocoa bean, coffee bean, + the vanilla bean. This limited edition skin treat is designed to be a companion to The Petal mask experience. It’s a “plus one” for your special plus one.
Though formulated with more masculine aromatics, The Bean is beneficial for both ladies + gents. This antioxidant-rich mask is formulated with 20 actives, to regenerate, brighten, tone, firm + hydrate the complexion. Wonderful as a morning daily treatment, as it’s refreshing coffee with cardamom aroma will be sure to awaken the mind, spirit + the skin.
Raw honey blend* (Hawaiian and manuka), raw cacao*, rhasoul clay, aloe vera*, hyaluronic acid, rose hydrosol*, kukui*, silver hydrosol, bamboo charcoal, fuller’s earth clay, calendula*, cocoa absolute, willow, green coffee oil*, cardamom*, vanilla, turmeric*, bergamot*, vitamin C ester *clean ingredients: organic + local and/or wild harvested (when available).
The Attar Onaona
The Attar Onaona, Perfume Oil for Anointing Love is the first perfume from Mahalo. Onaona is a Hawaiian word for “gentle, inviting, attractive alluring, lovely”. Attar Onaona, invites you to experience the exquisitely-fine beauty of sacred perfumery that elevates your senses, mind, + spirit into the space of sensuality, softness + love. The Attar Onaona is a Rumi love poem, liquified to reach your heart though your senses.
- A blend of White + Pink Lotus beckon the mind into stillness, clarity + bliss.
- Ambrette delivers refined, + sensual aroma that transforms into a compelling aphrodisiac, heightening sensuality + bringing a multidimensional magic to the Attar.
- Vanilla Bourbon sweetly influences the emotions, inviting sensuality, relaxing inhibitions, + dissolving frustrations.
- Finely aged Patchouli brings a sophisticatedly-deep + grounding note to the seductive aroma.
- Alluring notes of Rose – the quintessential oil of love – is weaved from flower varietals of rosa damascena + rose de mai.
- The ultimately elegant + exquisite Hawaiian Jasmine, Pikake, has a powerful reputation as a sensual aphrodisiac, bringing with it lightness + happy feelings.
- Davana, Ylang Ylang, Balsam of Peru, Hawaiian Sandalwood + other fine aromatic notes help to weave together a poetic love story, whispered directly into your heart via the golden love potion of The Attar Onaona, Perfume Oil for Anointing Love.
* Here’s where I normally include a complete ingredient list. I generally don’t work with companies that don’t fully disclose ALL of their ingredients to the public. However, in this case (+ with many Perfume, or Fragrance-type products in general) – if I honestly believe that they use clean ingredients, don’t use endocrine disruptors, phthalates, etc. + trust the brand… I’ll give the product a shot.
MAHALO states that this is a proprietary perfume blend that is 100% formulated with 16 premium essential oils, absolutes, concretes + extracts (NO artificial fragrances), in a base of organic jojoba + coconut oils.
- The Petal – like a really rosy, girly version of May Lindstrom’s The Honey Mud. So if you like that, you’ll like this! And, vice versa.
- The Bean – like a chocolatey cup of coffee, similar to a combination of May Lindstrom’s The Clean Dirt + The Honey Mud together. So if you like that, you’ll like this! And, vice versa.
- The Attar Onaona – like, the Tropical Flowers you might find on a Lei.
- The Petal – On the thick side, like a smooth, but thick pudding. It’s jiggly!
- The Bean – Not too thick, + not too thin. Just right, with some grit.
- The Attar Onaona – Like your usual perfume (non-oily).
- The Petal – Large, glass jar with a plastic inner + outer lid, covered with hand-made / hand stamped Bamboo shell exterior.
- The Bean – Smaller, plastic jar with a plastic inner + outer lid, covered with hand-made / hand stamped Bamboo shell exterior.
- The Attar Onaona – Mini, gold roller-ball applicator bottle with screw-on cap, in a gold decorative drawstring bag.
- That you can tell these are hand-made, with love.
- The sweet, sweet aroma of all 3 of these products!
- Yay for a few pre-made natural masks!
- How they felt on my skin – the grit in The Bean, the hydration in The Petal!
- How softly The Petal dried on my skin.
- That the perfume came in a rollerball + wasn’t greasy like so many others that include oils.
- The eco-luxe, Hawaiian feel of MAHALO’s outer Bamboo packaging.
- The Petal was a bit on the slimy, goopy, too-thick side for me.
- The packaging was inconsistent… The Petal came in a glass inner jar (their new packaging, which I love!) + was hand-stamped. The Bean came in an inner plastic jar, + had a clear, sticker-label. I also think MAHALO could’ve done better on The Attar Onaona packaging. Love the gold glass rollerball, but think the little lines on the cap + the clear sticker label on the bottle made it look a little cheap. Yes, this is me being super-picky… but I like pretty packages, + expect them at this price.
- The price tag! Ouch.
These are the first MAHALO products I’ve ever tried + I’d have to say these are definitely in the high-end range, in terms of both product price + performance. They’re definitely fancy, but for the price, I would’ve expected glass inner packaging + hand-stamped outer packaging for both masks, + matching / more exquisite packaging for the perfume.
The Bamboo exterior shell on The Petal jar I received also came cracked… not sure if this is from shipping, a design flaw, or just because they’re working with raw, natural materials. At first I thought it might be the seam or something, but it’s not. The Bamboo is split in 2 different places on both the lid + the jar, however – the inner glass jar is totally fine. FYI, here’s MAHALO’s Response: “2 possible scenarios: one it was cracked because of pressure against the other jar, however it’s unlikely because the other jar is not that heavy; two – possibility that the mask froze during transit and then dethawed, which made the wood expand and contract.” Things happen, so it’s totally not a deal-breaker for me. But, I just wanted to mention it – because if I had purchased this, it would bother me.
In terms of the products, I really love how well both of the masks applied: evenly + didn’t break-up on my skin like some formulas with oil + honey combos can. I also liked how well they stayed put while “masking” – nothing got too tight, too hard, or cracked + flaked off… always a bonus. Plus, they both rinsed off easily. Out of both masks, I honestly can’t pick one over the other. I really like what both have to offer, so much so – that I may even consider mixing them together to get the consistency + benefits I’m looking for.
As I expected, both made my skin feel absolutely amazing + incredibly soft after my facials with them! I really loved that The Bean had a little grit in it, but I wish there was more grit in it than there was! This product is like an all-in-one scrub + mask… so you really can’t go wrong, especially if you use scrubs + masks on the reg. Huge time-saver, + perfect for dull skin that needs a quick pick-me-up!
As for The Petal, let me just say… the hydration is awesome, + I love that about it! When my skin is super-sensitive, + dry this is exactly what it needs, especially when the seasons change! I also love that it’s pink! So unique + sooo pretty! My only gripe with The Petal was that it’s a little on the slimy, goopy, sticky side (when wet) for my taste… so, application was still easy, but a little messier than I would’ve liked. I’ve never used anything like this before, but I think I prefer masks with the consistency similar to that of The Bean over The Petal. However, I LOVED how The Petal dried! It was soft, flexible, + shiny… similar to what an egg (white or yolk) mask might look like when drying, but without all the tightness! When I’m using a pre-made mask though, it’s usually because I want a no mess / no-fuss treatment. So, if that’s important to you, that’s something to consider. But, the way this mask works is worth the trouble, in my opinion.
The Attar Onaona is light, breezy + beautiful… think beachy-floral. While it’s really airy + delicate, I’m not sure it’s my thing… I usually go for more fruity, or at least fruity-floral scents. Keep in mind that I tend to have a hard time finding natural perfumes I like too, though! But, I bet many of you would probably love this, so check it out!
This set also comes with a cute, mini Bamboo Spoon to scoop the product out, but I would’ve loved if it came with a brush for application too! As for the custom Gift Box – I can’t really say what it looks like in person because I think the box that mine came in, is different than yours would be if you were to purchase it. All in all though, this is a great gift set for anyone who loves facials! But, it’s a Limited Edition release, so… if you want one… snag it NOW, before they sell out!
Find It At…
MAHALO.care Use code “glamorganicgoddess” at checkout for deluxe samples of their other products!