$ 9 / ea.
Konjac Sponges are 100% Natural, Pure & Biodegradable + Made from 100% Pure Vegetable Fibre. They have 5 fab varieties to chose from, based on your skin type.
- Original – it’s deep cleansing yet naturally moisturizing + suitable for even the most sensitive skin.
- French Pink Clay – perfect for hyper-sensitive or over-exposed skin. It provides a fabulous, deep cleansing yet gentle exfoliation. Pink clay is a mix of red + white clay. Red clay is said to improve blood circulation + makes the skin look radiant + hydrated, reducing the appearance of age.
- French Red Clay – perfect for dry, mature or sensitive skin. It provides a fabulous, deep cleansing yet gentle exfoliation. The added red clay is said to improve blood circulation and makes the skin look radiant + hydrated, reducing the appearance of age.
- French Green Clay – perfect for normal to combination skin. French green clay is beloved by the finest of spas for it’s strong sterilization properties + contains micro molecules which absorbs dirt, oil, + bacteria, while gently cleansing the pores.
- Bamboo Charcoal – perfect for teens + oily or combination skin. The added bamboo charcoal is a natural anti-oxidant + fights bacteria beyond your average sponge. Containing activated carbon + various minerals, bamboo charcoal is just what you need to remove excess oil.
Pure vegetable fibre. May contain french red clay, french white clay, french green clay, bamboo charcoal.
It comes pre-moistned in a thick, air-sealed plastic bag.
Soft + squishy when wet. Brittle + shriveled-up when totally dry.
- Help remove stubborn eye makeup.
- Totally natural.
- Last a really long time!
- Super-cost effective.
- You have to have a place to hang them to dry + must re-saturate them before each use.
- I wish they had a pointed end (similar to the Beauty Blender) to get closer to inner-eye corners.
- I need to add facial cleanser to the sponge to remove my makeup.
I came cross these cute little puffs while browsing on Spirit Beauty Lounge one day + was totally intrigued. If you know me, you know I tend to love any beauty products that involve clay, since it’s really good for detoxing your skin! A must in my beauty regimen. Out of sheer laziness, I usually use only facial cleanser + my hands to wash my face to remove my makeup… but that doesn’t always work out for me. Throughout the years, I’ve purchased tons of super-expensive beauty cleansing tools that I really, really wanted + swore I’d use religiously… only to be stashed away + used for special occasion facials (ahem, Clarisonic Mia). The Konjac Sponge is different for me though… these are something I regularly keep by my bathroom sink + use it almost everyday! A miracle, I tell you. One thing the company mentions is that you don’t have to use any cleansers with it… I’ve found in the morning, I just wet the sponge + use it with nothing on it. At night, I need to add a cleanser to remove my makeup though. No biggie… I expected I would because I wear a lot of makeup. While they really do only exfoliate lightly, they somehow – really get the job done + are perfect for everyday use! They also have larger ones for your body + a flat round one, a little larger than a cosmetic compact sponge that you can apply makeup with, but I haven’t tried them yet. I have no idea how these work they way they do, but I love how incredibly soft, smooth + clean my skin feels after using them. Thanks Konjac Sponge Co.
Buy it at KonjacSpongeCompany.com or SpiritBeautyLounge.com
Have you ever tried Konjac Sponges? What are your thoughts?
JamieOctober 16, 2013 at 9:35 pm
I just bought a pearl konjac sponge from Dr. Sponge so it’s great you posted about these! I know there are a few companies that have these and some are in different shapes (I saw a YouTube review) but not all have clay.
LauraDecember 17, 2013 at 7:19 am
Can’t wait to try these!!! Thank you, thank you!! So grateful for YOU!!!!
LauraMay 6, 2014 at 7:58 pm
Love, LOVE, LuuVvveeey!
Dream & SchemeApril 18, 2015 at 12:54 pm
I have combination, acneic skin. Which would you reccomend most for my skin type, the bamboo charcoal or french green clay one?
DanielleApril 22, 2015 at 6:39 pm
Hi Dream & Scheme! I would say you could use either one. Lots of people love the Bamboo Charcoal one though! :) <3
meghaJune 4, 2015 at 11:51 pm
IF WE WASH AND STORE IT PROPERLY. HOW LONG CAN YOU USE KONJAC SPONGE. PLEASE GUIDE
DanielleJune 17, 2015 at 11:41 am
Hey Megha! Not sure…. you’d need to contact the company about that! They’d probably know better than I would. I just use mine until it starts falling apart. <3
denizzleAugust 1, 2015 at 1:49 am
i found the Konjac sponge (not clay, just the regular natural one) in a tear drop shape in Japan, so that’s def a thing.
It’s great for reaching in the corners of the eye and around the sides of the nose too.
i found a bamboo charcoal one on amazon with the pointed tip.
deo bioMarch 10, 2016 at 5:19 am
Have to try those natural sponges
Joann SchermerhornOctober 19, 2018 at 10:50 am
I love my facial sponges! The key is keeping them clean and dry, but these tend to air dry pretty quickly. Glad to see others loving their sponges as well.