Goal: To find a fruity smelling natural hand soap.
Brand I Tried: Kiss My Face
Product: Peace Soap in Pomegranate Acai
Product Description: Give Peace Soap a chance! You’ll love it. (Peace & love….some things never go out of style.) Combining organic olive oil with coconut, hemp and jojoba oils for luxurious lather and mildness, we have created a totally pleasurable cleaning experience- from head to toe, ceiling to floor, our castile soap cleans skin and much more. Veggie, counter top, dishes or sweater, it does it all and it does it better. Castile soap has been used for centuries around the world, originating in the Castile region of Spain. This simple soap formula is so effective that it has changed little in 500 years. Introduce your friends and family to the wonders of 100% pure castile soap from Kiss My Face. GOOD FOR YOU BECAUSE…Olive & coconut oils – moisturizing and skin softening Simple Castile formula – cleans gently, has 101 uses, Pomegranate Acai – a sassy and invigorating super fruit scent.
Ingredients: Aqua, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil/Huile de noix de coco), Olea Europaea (Olive Oil Fruit Oil/Huile d’olive)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil/Huile de jojoba)*, Xanthan Gum, Natural Fragrance Blend/Mélange d’arômes naturels *Organic/Organique. This product contains no animal ingredients, artificial colors, or unnecessary chemicals and was not tested on animals. Great value, Biodegradable, environmentally safe, Vegetable based, vegan formula, No SLS, parabens, phthalates, artificial fragrance.
- Price: $7.99 for 17 fl. oz / $15.99 for 34 oz.
- Size: I bought 17 oz. to try to see if I liked it.
- Uses: I use it for hand soap or body wash, but apparently 101+ … See all 101 uses here…
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: A few drops (I use it in my Bubble and Bee Organics Foamer Bottles- and it’s awesome!
- First Impression: Ohhhh… the sweet and sassy smell!
- Visual Attractiveness: I like the word “Peace” in all the different languages! Nice!
- Texture: Like liquid soap (very similar to Dr. Bronner’s).
- Scent: Smells like Cranberry or Pomegranate & Orange to me… fruity and I love it!
- How Long I’ve Used It: for about 3 weeks.
- Easy To Find And Where? KissMyFace.com and Whole Foods Market.
- Acquired: I purchased it.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Not that I know of. I bought the smaller size first from WF’s. I don’t think the 17 oz. size is available on their website though. You might have to look around.
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 3 (scored higher than it should have bc of “Fragrance” even though, it is not derived of anything synthetic- it is a database, and not a person after all).
- Product This Will Be Replacing: Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Liquid All-in-One Soap for now. EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Liquid All-in-One Soap : 1.
- Verdict: Ok, so I really LOVE this soap! I love the smell (girly), my boyfriend whom I live with actually doesn’t mind it- plus, it’s pretty economical. So far I’ve been using it for a few weeks and haven’t even used if a third of the 17 oz. bottle. I mix it about 1/3 to 1/2 of my foamer bottle and fill the rest with Distilled Water. Please see my Foamer Bottle Review for more info. It’s very similar to Dr. Bronner’s which I like (bc I heart Dr. Bronner’s) but I’m not a fan of a lot of their scents :( they smell a little earthy for me. I like fruity, girly smelling things! Quite a few people have recommended that I try the Dr. B’s Baby Mild and add my own scent to it, but I have no idea how to get a fruity scent combo out of essential oils or extracts quite yet… it’s in the near future though, I promise. In the meantime, I heart this! I have only tried it as a shampoo (which does not work for me, like Dr. B’s… but I will keep trying though), body wash, bubble bath (in which there were no actual bubbles- but I felt clean) and hand soap so far. I would love to use it for laundry (but have no idea how much to use) or dish soap, but haven’t gotten that far yet. Anyone tried this or have a clue? It seems like most of the ingredients in this are very similar to Dr. B’s- but aren’t as organic. I don’t know- I would definitely purchase this again! I hope Kiss My Face cleans up the rest of their products and makes them all like this one!