Goal: To find a Lip Gloss with a lot of pigment & pearly shimmer that’s safe.
Brand I Tried: Gabriel Cosmetics, Inc.
Product: Gabriel Color Lip Gloss in “Ambrosia”.
Product Description: (taken directly from their website) These moisturizing lip gloss treatments were formulated with Jojoba, Aloe, Chamomile and other conditioning plant ingredients to soothe and smooth sensitive or chapped lips. Apply alone for a hint of sheer liquid color or use together with your favorite lipsticks to create an endless array of shades and coverage. A chemical-free sunscreen has been added for outdoor protection. PABA-free. SPF 8.
Ingredients: Castor Oil; Isopropyl Palmitate; Bisabolol; Candelilla Wax; Glycerine; Shea Butter; Jojoba Oil; Wheat Germ Glycerides; Aloe Vera Extract; Chamomile Extract; Jojoba Esters; Grapeseed Extract; Bixane Herb; Iron Oxides; Mica; Titanium Dioxide; St. John’s Wort Extract.
- Price: $15.99
- Size: .35oz/10 grams
- Uses: Lip Gloss
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: Normal amount.
- First Impression: Pigment… YAY! OMG, this is how much???
- Visual Attractiveness: Nice, I like the frosted tube. No fancy packaging.
- Texture: A little sticky and slightly heavier than normal lip gloss- if you like MAC’s Lip Glass, you’ll like this.
- Scent: Smell is eh.
- How Long I’ve Used It: For the past few days.
- Easy To Find And Where? Whole Foods, Amazon, or Gabriel Cosmetics, Inc.com
- Acquired: Purchased with my own $.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Not that I know of. Normal size Lip Gloss tube that you can take in your bag. It would be great if they made smaller ones to try first though, so you aren’t breaking the bank if you don’t like it!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 3.
- Product This Will Be Replacing: Bonne Bell Lip Lites Lip Gloss in “Vanilla Swirl”.
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Bonne Bell Lip Lites Lip Gloss in “Vanilla Swirl”: 5.
- Verdict: We are back in business… this is by far, the best PEARLY, PIGMENTED Lip Gloss in the natural products section I’ve used yet! I cannot stress enough that when wearing makeup, especially natural/ organic makeup – WE WANT PIGMENT people! I like the applicator tip a lot actually, but the sticky-ness of it – not so much. That, I can deal for now though. I also feel that the sunscreen is unnecessary… if you want sunscreen on your lips- you should apply it separately. Our bodies don’t get enough vitamin D as it is (which sunscreen also blocks BTW)! As for the price? Well- it’s comparable to what I used to spend on MAC, (not that that makes it any more reasonable). Almost $20.00 for Lip Gloss is a little ridiculous any way you paint it! I admit that I really miss the price point of my Bonne Bell :( too bad it had a lot of yucky stuff in it! I would definitely purchase this product again, but maybe in a different (lighter) shade though. It looked a little different on me that it did in the tube. In any case though…my lip gloss is poppin’ again! YAY! Thanks Gabriel!
rosehip skincareOctober 23, 2010 at 10:45 am
Thanks for your lip care tips. I am very thankful to you for tips because you know I like to look so gorgeous and…