Goal: To find a truly natural / organic body wash that smells really girly!
Brand: Face Naturals
Product: Organic Acai Berry & Lime Body Wash
Description: Antioxidant rich acai berry and lime help clear skin of impurities and protect against the visible effects of oxidative damage to skin’s tone, texture, and elasticity. Who says you can’t have lots of bubbles and still be all-natural? Our organic body washes create loads of creamy bubbles that thoroughly clean your skin without stripping it of its natural moisture. No harsh detergents, No SLS, no parabens, no drying alcohols, no toxic chemicals at all! Our organic body washes are gentle on your skin, but effectively cleanse and rinse away cleanly. Hand-blended coconut oil based castile soap is rich in natural skin-conditioning glycerin. We’ve added a little extra vegetable glycerin for maximum emollient properties and organic aloe vera for a moisturizing boost. Naturally preserved with antioxidant rich organic rosemary.
Ingredients: Saponified oils of organic coconut, organic safflower, and organic olive, acai berry extract, organic aloe vera, vegetable glycerin, guar gum, organic lime essential oil, organic rosemary leaf extract.
- Price: $4.95 / $11.95
- Size: Try Me Size 2 oz. / Full Size 8.5 oz.
- Texture: Like a creamy Shower Gel.
- Scent: Smells a little more Lime-y than anything, but with a hint of Berry. Very Yummy!
- Visual Attractiveness: Like the blue bottle and the colorful label.
- How Much I Needed: The usual amount you would expect.
- How Long I’ve Used It: About 4-5 times.
- Sample Sizes: Yes! Woo-Hoo!! LOVE that! I think they have “Try Me Sizes” for almost all of their products!
- Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
- Loved: That it’s a decently sized sample bottle, the fresh, girly scent & the fact that it didn’t dry out my skin!
- Hated: That when you do a price comparison of the Full Size to the “Try Me Size” it costs almost as much as if you were buying 1/2 of the full size. Also that the Acai Berry Lime one is priced $1.00 more than the rest of their Body Washes… found that weird.
- The GG’s Final Thoughts: A little back story for you… I gave up Body Wash awhile ago (with A FEW exceptions) and began using Organic Bar Soap in order to avoid the nasty preservatives. I never knew that most Body Washes contain water, which means that they MUST also contain a preservative. Ew. I really hated the Bar Soap at first- but eventually learned to embrace it and even actually enjoy it now too :) However in certain situations, I think it’s a necessity to use Body Wash, like traveling for instance. I still don’t like to travel with Bar Soap at all… I don’t know what my problem is, but it totally skeeves me out for some reason, LOL. I guess because it gets slimey, and doesn’t dry… and then I have to put it into a container to take home, etc. BLAH! So I LOVE when I can find a good Body Wash. And this is one of the good ones! No water here Lovies! I found it to be very similar to Bubble & Bee Organic’s Fresh Squeezed Lime (which is another good one), just with added Berries! And, you know how I LOVE Berries! I ADORE the smell of this! I feel completely clean and refreshed without being squeaky after using it- so it’s not drying on my skin. Bottom line, I would definitely buy this product again! Face Naturals… I love you, I love you, I love you! xo
♥ Use Promo Code “glam10” for 10% OFF!
maggieletNovember 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm
Your reviews are so helpful! Thanks for your efforts!