Goal: To find a more economical way to exfoliate and detox my skin without using a body scrub.
Brand I Tried: Earth Therapeutics
Product: Exfoliating Hydro Gloves
Product Description: Helping hands in the slippery shower. Gloves that exfoliate as they lather. These Lux-Quilt™ exfoliating gloves are specially woven to gently and effectively exfoliate layers of dead skin and impurities from the body’s surface. An integral part of any cleansing ritual, these gloves unclog pores and buff away dullness to reveal skin’s natural glow. Also revitalizes the body and mind by massaging away stress while stimulating blood circulation. Available in White, Natural, Forest Green and Jade.
Ingredients: 100% Nylon.
- Price: $4.99
- Size: One size fits all- they’re very stretchy.
- Uses: Wet or Dry exfoliation.
- First Impression: I’m gonna look hot in the shower with these on LOL!
- Visual Attractiveness: Ehhh. Could have a better color selection… something girly like pink perhaps?
- Texture: Like one of those scratch-resistant sponges you use to do the dishes… Glamorous, I know ha-ha.
- How Long I’ve Used Them: The past 7 months.
- Easy To Find And Where? Whole Foods, Bed Bath and Beyond, Harmon, Earth Therapeutics Website, Amazon, etc.
- Acquired: Purchased with my own money.
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: N/A.
- Product This Will Be Replacing: Origins Salt Rub® Smoothing Body Scrub.
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Origins Salt Rub® Smoothing Body Scrub: (I will update this post once I get an email from Origins with the FULL list of ingredients I have requested so I can look it up on Skin Deep… they should post them on their website! Grrr. Not a fan of companies who don’t disclose all product ingredient info).
- Verdict: I love my scrubby gloves! I use these strictly for exfoliation in the shower. They make your skin feel soooo soft and velvety! I have a little suction cup hook thingy in my shower to keep these out of the shower’s way so they can dry. To clean them, I just throw them in with my regular laundry as often as possible- letting them air dry of course. I actually plan to pick up a few more pairs when I get a chance. For me… these are faster and easier to use than a wash cloth and function better than a shower poof. As soon as I get a chance- I’m going to write a “How-To” post about proper dry brushing technique, how to keep your dry brush clean, and why it’s important… Also, please see my “Earth Therapeutics Purest Palm Body Brush Review” post.