Goal: To find a 100% USDA Certified Organic body lotion that smells girly and really moisturizes!
Brand I Tried: Bubble & Bee Organic.
Product: Coconut & Lime Body Butter (or Butta as it says on the label) LOL.
Product Description From Their Website: We asked and you answered! In response to our biggest customer request for body butter ever, we put the lime in the coconut… and whipped it all up into our dreamy, creamy Coconut & Lime 100% Organic Body Butter, just for you! Packed with plenty of sweet coconut that’s perfectly complimented with a twist of zesty lime, this body butter is a tropical dream come true. Organic shea butter moisturizes deeply, delivering essential protecting lipids to the skin, while organic coconut oil with retained coconut meat keep this formula smooth but not greasy, while adding even more real coconutty goodness. Organic sweet almond oil softens and soothes skin and macadamia nut oil protects and heals, while both oils deliver loads of essential fatty acids to your skin. Top that off with real organic lime and coconut extracts, and you’ve got a piece of pure tropical heaven for your skin! Unlike other body butters, ours is not water-based, so it has a different consistency than you might be used to. But that’s a good thing–it is best described as having the consistency and feel of home-made frosting. Just pure, whipped, buttery tropical paradise in a jar. A little bit goes a really long way–that is if you can resist reapplying it every 15 minutes because it smells and feels so good!
Ingredients: Organic shea butter, organic coconut oil with retained coconut meat, organic jojoba oil, organic sweet almond oil, organic macadamia nut oil, organic coconut extract, organic lime extract. Product 100% USDA Certified Organic by UDAF.
- Price: $16.95 / $24.95
- Size: 4 oz. / 8oz.
- Uses: Body Lotion.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: Very little… it goes a long way! If it weren’t so expensive, I’d definitely use a little bit more though.
- First Impression: Smells like Key-Lime Pie Cake Frosting – not a health food store! Yippie for not smelling like a Hippie!
- Visual Attractiveness: Cute Packaging- but the label and I still aren’t friends! The label is wrapped around the container (instead of a sticker), so you need to slide the container part of the way out to open and close the container. And, if you set it down- with the container open- it slides back up- and then you have to slide the label off again with “Butta Fingers” to close it… It drives me NUTS! I would love sticky labels like the salt scrub!
- Texture: Just like home-made cake frosting… Only greasy if you use too much (is that possible? You can NEVER get enough of B&B’s Body Butter!) Described on their website: “may feel different from what you’re used to feeling in a body butter.
- Scent: Like HEAVEN… I mean, Key-Lime Pie!
- How Long I’ve Used It: I’ve been using B&B’s Raspberry & Vanilla Body Butter for almost a year I think… I’ve been using this scent for the past week or two.
- Easy To Find And Where? Bubble & Bee Organic, and some Whole Foods Market Stores.
- Acquired: Sent to me by Stephanie @ Bubble & Bee Organics to Review.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: No.They are starting to carry sample sizes of many of their other products though, which is really nice to see!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 0! YAY!
- The GG’s Opinion: If you follow me on here… you know all about my OBSESSION with B&B Organics Body Butter! I cannot tell you enough how much I love this product! I wish they sold it in larger sizes! Yes, it’s a slight investment- but you can totally stretch it… I use this probably about 3-4 times per week- not everyday. I try to mix it up with pure organic oils like EVOO or Organic Coconut. Honestly, my skin has really changed so much since I began using this, that I don’t even need it everyday- even in the winter! I heart The Coconut & Lime so much that it might be my new fave, beating out the Raspberry & Vanilla Body Butter (see a Review of it here). It’s not really greasy unless you use too much, and soaks into your skin quickly which is great. More than the fact that it works better than anything else I’ve ever tried and that I could actually eat it if I wanted to… I LOVE that it’s 100% USDA Certified Organic- especially since it’s covering the largest organ on my body… my skin! It’s also vegan, no-animal testing and gluten-free! This is your winter vacay to a tropical island in a container! B&B… you’ve once again put the lime in the coconut… and whipped it all up! xoxo THANKS!
♥ Buy it at: Bubble+Bee.com