Goal: To find a 100% USDA Certified Organic body lotion that smells girly and really moisturizes!
Brand I Tried: Bubble & Bee Organic
Product: Raspberry & Vanilla Body Butter (or Butta as it says on the label) LOL.
Product Description From Their Website: “Sweet decadent Raspberry and Vanilla in a 100% organic body butter. Organic Shea butter moisturizes deeply, delivering essential protecting lipids to the skin. Organic coconut oil with retained coconut meat keep this formula smooth but not greasy. A little goes a long way—that is if you can resist reapplying it every 15 minutes because it smells and feels so good! Shelf life: 10 months after date of purchase”.
Ingredients: Organic Shea butter, organic coconut oil with retained coconut meat, organic jojoba oil, organic raspberry extract, organic macadamia nut oil, organic sweet almond oil, organic vanilla extract. Product 100% USDA Certified Organic by UDAF.
- Price: $16.95 / $24.95
- Size: 4 oz. / 8oz.
- Uses: Body Lotion
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: Very little… a little bit goes a long way! I have to admit though- if it weren’t so expensive, I’d use a little more.
- First Impression: Smells like cake frosting – not a health food store! Yippie for not smelling like a Hippie!
- Visual Attractiveness: Cute Packaging- label is wrapped around the container though instead of a sticker or printed on- kind of a pain in the ass, since it comes off!
- Texture: Just like home-made cake frosting… with a little gritty-ness. Not really greasy though. Described on their website: “may feel different from what you’re used to feeling in a body butter. To cut down on a greasy feeling, we’ve added powdered coconut meat, so you’ll feel this in the formula. This is not a water-based emulsion, so it won’t have that wet feeling. It is best described as having the consistency and feel of home-made frosting.”
- Scent: Like cake frosting… wait, did I mention that already?!?
- How Long I’ve Used It: for the past 2-3 months.
- Easy To Find And Where? Bubble & Bee Organic
- Acquired: Purchased with my own money.
- Customer Service: Please see my Bubble and Bee Organic ‘Pit Putty Review.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: No, unfortunately… I really wish they did though- I would try so many more of their products!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 0! YAY!
- Product This Will Be Replacing: Jergens® Naturals® Total Nourishment Daily Moisturizer.
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Jergens® Naturals® Total Nourishment Daily Moisturizer: 5.
- Verdict: I love this product! I ordered the 4 oz. container the first time, just to see if I liked it… and recently got the 8 oz. container. I wish they sold it in larger sizes! I don’t use this every single time I shower- as it’s a little pricey, but I do use it at least 3-4 times a week. It’s not really greasy, and soaks into your skin quickly which is great. I LOVE that it’s 100% USDA Certified Organic- since it’s covering the largest organ on your body… your skin. I also must mention that before using this (and California Baby Super Sensitive Everyday Lotion which I will also review soon)- I really thought I had Restless Leg Syndrome. For 29 out of 32 years of my life- I was a figure skater… and at night when I’d come home from the rink, I used to not be able to sit still on the couch, or even sleep. The skin only on my legs felt itchy on my thighs and got red, creepy and crawly sensations. So, I associated it with skating and had it for about 5 years. I would literally wake up in the morning with huge, long raised red marks all over my legs- almost like infected cat scratches! It was so uncomfortable. I tried every- everything I could think of while it drove me nuts! Changed soap, lotion brands, laundry detergents, my diet, etc… I was about to give up and go to a Dr. – when I decided to go with organic/ natural body lotions. I didn’t think anything of it- until a few weeks ago when I realized that the problem went away out of nowhere. Seriously. Wooo Hooo!
Buy it at: Bubble+Bee.com