Goal: To save money by stretching my products!
Brand I Tried: Bubble and Bee Organic
Product: Empty Foamer Bottles
Product Description: (directly from their website) Stretch your shampoos and shower gels further with a foamer bottle. Comes with instruction booklet and recipe ideas.We don’t add water to our shower gels and shampoos, so they’re super concentrated. Just a little bit of shower gel added to a foamer bottle with some water (or an herbal infusion) will give you a nice rich lather. Have a shower gel hog in your family that likes to use a LOT of gel? Now you can make your bottles last longer by using the foamer bottle. A fine wire mesh pumps air in to the mixture, creating a lather that comes right out of the pump. Makes it easy to shave and clean–no lathering needed, so it saves time. (Hey, every 30 seconds count, right?). One 8 oz bottle of shower gel diluted as directed will fill the foamer bottle 8 times. BPA-free plastic. Because the wire mesh in the foaming mechanism is fragile, you can expect this bottle to last from 3 to 4 refills.
- Price: $7.99 for a Three Pack.
- Size: 6 oz. each
- Uses: Concentrated products like castile soaps, shampoo, body wash, face wash, hand soap, dish soap, shaving foam, etc… your options are almost endless!
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: You usually only have to fill the bottle 1/3 to 1/2 of the way with product and the rest with distilled or filtered water.
- Texture: If it’s too thin and runny- fill it with more product, if it’s too ruch and thick add more water. The beauty of these bottles is that you can custom mix them however you want!
- Easy To Find And Where? Bubble & Bee Organic
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: This is the only size they offer because they want you to use the product in a short amount of time since you are adding water to your product without a preservative! You should use this up within about two weeks. If I know we won’t be home or go away on vacay- I usually mix only about a half of a bottle.
- Verdict: At first, I thought who the hell would pay that for empty bottles? Well, I did. Yes, this review is for empty bottles LOL. But, I can admit when I’m wrong. These bottles make things sudsy without the suds, even in products that don’t contain SLS. With one pump they give you a luxuriously rich lather. I have since filled these bottles several more times than Bubble and Bee says you can and I’ve filled them with just about everything under the sun! I love that they came with a little instruction and recipe booklet, which really helped! Such great ideas…who knew? Hence, saving me more money than I could have imagined… Woo-Hoo! More $ to feed my Raspberry Vanilla Body Butter Addiction LOL. Currently, I have one in my Kitchen with Hand Soap, one in my Bathroom with Hand Soap and one in my Shower which I use for either Shampoo, Shaving Foam or Body Wash- sometimes all 3 at once if I use Castile Soap Haha. I use my P-Touch Label Maker (which I also have an obsession with) and label them in case I have different things in different rooms so I don’t forget. The only thing I would change is that I wish they had a wider base (like the foaming Dial Soap bottles). Sometimes they tend to fall over- but with the amount of Moo-lah I’ve saved in the past 6 months- I can deal with that! Needless to say… I LOVE these things! They were a great investment and I will probably buy more in the future.
KelleyOctober 2, 2010 at 6:17 am
I’m loving these bottles, too. My young kids need foaming handsoap so they don’t waste as much, but I’ve had no luck in finding an organic brand. Now, I just mix up their choice of B&B shower gel, and voila!
The Glamorganic GoddessOctober 6, 2010 at 7:23 pm
Haha! I don’t have any kids yet, but that’s such a good idea! Good call Kelley! xoxo
GloryOctober 12, 2010 at 12:20 am
i hate the b&b shampoo. i like the way my hair feels when i use synthetic shampoos
The Glamorganic GoddessOctober 13, 2010 at 1:19 am
How come? Hmmmm… that’s probably one of the only products from B&B I haven’t actually tried yet. I still haven’t found a really great all natural shampoo / conditioner that works for me yet either :(