Goal: To find a GOOD shaving cream that has a low Rating on EWG’s Skin Deep Database.
Brand I Tried: Aubrey Organics.
Size: 4 oz.
- Uses: Shaving Cream/ Shave Lotion.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: Very little, less than a dime size per leg.
- First Impression: Small package for the price, but nice packaging for Aubrey Organics, clean and fresh looking… I wish I could say the same for some of their other products.
- Texture: Perfect consistency… silky, smooth and luxurious. Rich, but not greasy or sticky. Easy to rinse off. Sooo nice!
- Scent: Pomegranate… fruity and pleasant.
- How Long I’ve Used It: Everytime I’ve showered for the past month.
Results: Very close shave, razor glides easily and smoothly. It gives you a nice thin layer and I love how moisturizing it is.
- Easy To Find And Where?: Aubrey Organics
- Aquired: Purchased with my own money.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: I don’t think they offer any. They should though!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 3
- Product This Will Be Replacing: EOS Eveloution Of Smooth Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream in Pomegranate Raspberry (the pink one).
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for EOS Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream in Pomegranate Raspberry: 6 (I had to type it in…).
- Verdict: I would totally buy it again! This is by far – the best natural shaving cream I have ever used! My skin felt awesome after using it. No razor burn or bumps! It’s a miracle LOL. I’ve used Alba, Kiss My Face, Trader Joe’s Brand, Aveda, Origins and several other conventional ones in the past. Downside, a few of them contain Carmine for color. I love that it smells girly and not like a health food store, and the packaging is nice too + would highly recommend + purchase again!
- UPDATE 4.11.13 When I use Shaving Cream, I still use these! They are the least toxic of the bunch that I’ve seen out there. xoxo