Goal: To find a GOOD shaving cream that has a low Rating on EWG’s Skin Deep Database.
Brand I Tried: Aubrey Organics.
Product: Crème de la Shave – Pomegranate.
Product Description: Get Closer. Made with rich emollients and fruit extracts, this moisturizing shave cream pampers and protects your skin for a luxurious, ultra-smooth shave and legs so soft, you may not need a lotion after shaving. You’ll love its silky feel and indulgent scent (taken from their website). It also has the Whole Foods Premium Body Care symbol/ label.
Ingredients: Aqua, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), myristyl alcohol (coconut fatty alcohol), hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, sodium palmate (palm soap), sodium cocoate (coconut soap), prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, glycerin, punica granatum (pomegranate) extract, panthenol (vitamin B-5), aloe barbadensis leaf*, carmine, illicium verum (anise) oil, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, cananga odorata (ylang) flower oil, cinnamomum camphora (camphor) oil, cinnamomum zeylanicum (cinnamon) leaf oil, mentha arvensis (cornmint) oil, litsea cubeba fruit oil, eugenia caryophyllata (clovebud) oil, cinnamomum cassia oil, cymbopogon martini (palmarosa) oil, citrus paradisi (grapefruit) peel oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, myristica fragrans (nutmeg) oil, pimpinella anisum (aniseed) fruit oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, pinus sylvestris (pine) leaf oil. *Organic
- Price: $5.49
- Size: 4 oz.
- Uses: Shaving Cream/ Shave Lotion.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: Very little, less than a dime size per leg.
- First Impression: Small package for the price, but nice packaging for Aubrey Organics, clean and fresh looking… I wish I could say the same for some of their other products.
- Texture: Perfect consistency… silky, smooth and luxurious. Rich, but not greasy or sticky. Easy to rinse off. Sooo nice!
- Scent: Pomegranate… fruity and pleasant.
- How Long I’ve Used It: Everytime I’ve showered for the past month.
Results: Very close shave, razor glides easily and smoothly. It gives you a nice thin layer and I love how moisturizing it is.
- Easy To Find And Where?: Aubrey Organics
- Aquired: Purchased with my own money.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: I don’t think they offer any. They should though!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 3
- Product This Will Be Replacing: EOS Eveloution Of Smooth Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream in Pomegranate Raspberry (the pink one).
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for EOS Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream in Pomegranate Raspberry: 6 (I had to type it in…).
- Verdict: I would totally buy it again! This is by far – the best natural shaving cream I have ever used! My skin felt awesome after using it. No razor burn or bumps! It’s a miracle LOL. I’ve used Alba, Kiss My Face, Trader Joe’s Brand, Aveda, Origins and several other conventional ones in the past. Downside, a few of them contain Carmine for color. I love that it smells girly and not like a health food store, and the packaging is nice too + would highly recommend + purchase again!
- UPDATE 4.11.13 When I use Shaving Cream, I still use these! They are the least toxic of the bunch that I’ve seen out there. xoxo