Goal: To find a natural facial cleanser that removes my makeup without burning my eyes, and won’t break me out.
Brand: Annmarie Gianni Skin Care
Product: Aloe-Herb Cleanser
Description: This creation is a gentle and cleansing blend of healing herbs and plants. It’s pH balanced to enhance your skin’s natural acid mantle and protect its moisture barrier for clean and silky-soft skin. My cleanser is gentle. It removes dirt, oils and dead skin with no harsh detergents, leaving your skin clean, nourished, and soft! My unique blend of oil and extracts contains essential fatty acids, similar to those produced by your skin. It’s rich in antioxidants like vitamin E to help prevent and repair free radical damage. The aloe vera in this cleanser not only soothes your skin, but also helps synergize the ingredients in the formula. The complete relationship between herbs, oils and aloe enhances the benefits of this cleanser to leave your face clear and smooth.
Ingredients: Love, organic aloe vera juice infused with organic herbs (lavender flowers, calendula flowers, life everlasting flowers, hyssop, lemon balm, neem leaf, olive leaf, plantago leaf ); organic coconut oil; cocoglucoside (coconut oil & glycerine); organic vegetable glycerine; aspen bark extract; organic ruby grapefruit oil; organic lemon oil; organic green mandarin oil; xanthan gum; organic rosemary oleoresin.
- Price: $ 24.95
- Size: 50 ml.
- Texture: Light & creamy (no suds).
- Scent: Lemon-y fresh & clean!
- Visual Attractiveness: LOVE the Miron Violet Glass Bottle & that each product has a different colored label!
- How Much I Needed: Less than I thought (I have a travel size bottle at the moment… I’ll update when I get one with a pump).
- How Long I’ve Used It: For about two months.
- Where to Find: Annmarie Gianni Skin Care
- Sample Sizes: No, but I wish they did! They do sell Travel Kits but by special order only. Contact evelyne(at)annmariegianni(dot)com to order these & tell her The GG sent you!
- Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
- Customer Service: I really heart the philosophy behind this company! Annmarie, Evelyne & Lisa have been awesome! You can tell that they all really LOVE what they do!! Lisa responded ASAP, was so sweet and soooo helpful! :) FAB customer service all around.
- Loved: The scent, the purity of the ingredients & how good my skin felt!
- Hated: The price & that they don’t sell individual samples!
- The GG’s Final Thoughts: This is by far one of the best skincare lines I’ve ever used… and I’ve used A LOT! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this smells so much to the point that I actually can’t wait to use it first thing in the morning and after a long day! I also generally don’t like creamy cleansers, but I find myself leaning towards them more and more lately. This one is sooo aromatic and calming, and it’s not greasy or heavy. I noticed a difference the very first time I used this, and continue to each time. You know how some products eventually hit a plateau? Well that hasn’t happened yet! My FAVE way to use this is with the Annmarie Ayurvedic Facial Scrub. At first I struggled with the fact that I couldn’t get it to remove my makeup at all… BUT, after some advice of putting it on a dry cotton ball along with the scrub (you really can use the scrub on your eyes) it worked for the most part… I’m still playing around with this method though… still sometimes have a teensy-weensy bit of eye makeup residue left, but it’s rare. I have to admit I didn’t think I was going to like these products at all… I thought they may be a little too earthy / hippie smelling for me- but I was totally blown away! I say if you have the money, this is totally worth the splurge! You cannot beat the purity, the quality & the effectiveness of the ingredients. Thanks Annmarie! xo
♥ Buy it at:AnnmarieGianni.com + tell them The GG sent you!
Candice BoggsApril 21, 2011 at 2:19 pm
I’m confused. I thought you liked Acure Organics Chlorella face wash that removes all make-up, and found what you were looking for in it?
What happened with that product? :( Did it reach a plateau, or something else? *would like to know as that is what she has been using*
Also, with this being a creamy cleanser I’m kind of wondering if you’re located in a humid or semi-humid climate. I’m in a wet/humid zone (N. OR-S. WA) and so because of that I’m not sure if it would work for me, unless you are too. :) I liked a creamy cleanser sometimes when I lived in Las Vegas.
The Glamorganic GoddessApril 21, 2011 at 6:31 pm
Still like the Acure Cleansing Gel (no problems with it), but since I have the opportunity to try out lots of different products all the time, I always like to see what else is out there. I’m really picky, so I’m ALWAYS looking for something better! Lol. This is my current Fave though! About the climate… I live in NJ, but I’m not sure if that would matter with this particular product… it’s actually very thin & light, but creamy looking.
Hope this helps!
The GG :)