- Goal: To find a perfume that smells like candy, made completely from natural ingredients.
- Brand: Agape & Zoe Naturals
- Product: Eau De Parfum Spray in Sugared Crush
- Description: The original Sugared Crush! Same sweet, sugary smell, more goodness and wholesome ingredients. Cotton candy and bubble gum combine with pure vanilla essential oil to create the unique scent of Sugared Crush. Phthalate free, Paraben free, Petrolatum free, Not tested on animals, Cruelty-free, VEGAN and Gluten-free.
- Ingredients: organic flavor oils, organic grain alcohol*(*USDA certified organic grain alcohol).
- Price: $ 29.99
- Size: 1 oz. (30 ml.)
- Texture: Spray
- Scent: Like candy
- Visual Attractiveness: Cute! Label print could be a tad darker.
- How Much I Needed: Just a spritz or two.
- How Long I’ve Used It: About two months.
- Where to Find: Agape & Zoe Naturals
- Sample Sizes: Not sure what your signature scent is? Try a sampler set here.
- Acquired: Sent to me to be reviewed with my honest opinion.
- Customer Service: Patricia is so sweet and super helpful! Great Customer Service!
- Loved: The ingredients and the scent!
- Hated: That the scent doesn’t linger as long as I’d like (most naturals don’t though… but see my comments below).
- The GG’s Final Thoughts: Finally! A natural perfume that smells like candy instead of all the usual, you know – hippie scents! I think companies sometimes forget that just because we want natural ingredients doesn’t necessarily mean we want to smell like a Tree-Hugger =) Ha ha. So in other words, I’m more than happy to welcome this to my new, totally natural perfume collection. The sweet, candy-licious smell of this sort of reminds me of one of my toxic, old flames… Victoria’s Secret’s Strawberries and Champagne Body Spray sans the headache. Only complaint? I wish the scent lasted a bit longer. What I’ve noticed from testing several different brands of natural perfumes, is that the alcohol based ones tend to wear off more quickly than oil based ones. Now, this is just my experience and every body’s body chemistry is different. When I had last spoken to Patricia, the owner of Agape & Zoe Naturals, she mentioned that they were possibly considering switching over to an oil-based formulation, if she does- that would be a HUGE plus! I really hope they do. In the meantime, I’ve found that the currently sold (grain alcohol-based version) works a teeny bit better if I spray it on my clothes versus just directly on my pulse points, and it hasn’t ruined anything so far. I would just test a small area first to be safe though. Thanks Agape & Zoe Naturals! xo
Annie (La Belle Naturelle)October 28, 2011 at 2:28 am
I love Sugared Crush as well! I agree – sometimes it’s hard to find natural perfumes and deodorants that don’t smell like patchouli or something else hippie-esque. Patchouli has such a stigma IMO, that I vehemently avoid anything with it as an ingredient. I’m a hippie in my heart, but I don’t need to smell like one ;)
I think Sugared Crush is an amazing alternative to the popular Pink Sugar (which always gave me a headache)… actually, it’s not just an alternative, it’s an upgrade!
maryOctober 29, 2011 at 3:28 am
It sounds like the natural version of Aquolina Pink Sugar. I know a lot of girls who like scents like that.
Renee HootNovember 15, 2011 at 1:29 am
I know this isnt really relevant but you should try nvey organics eyeshadows. Ive heard great things! And I was hoping you could tell me more about the mouse you reviewed a bit ago? I have super frizzy wavy hair and need an anti humectant (I live in a super humid climate. Hello hell NC.) But my problem is I do NOT like crunchy. Is it super crunchy and does it last all day? NOTHING I have tried seems to. Thats natural anyway.
stan123December 19, 2011 at 5:02 am
OMG I’ve been searching for a healthier alternative of Pink Sugar! Thanks for your review :D
Susan SJanuary 31, 2012 at 3:25 am
Agape & Zoe are going out of business – they have a really good (though sad) final sale going on right now. It ends on February 10th