Goal: To find a natural facial toner- that doesn’t cause me to break out.
Brand I Tried: Acure Organics
Product: Facial Toner Rose + Red Tea
Product Description: Restore balance and tone. Kiss surface shine and excess oil goodbye–all without drying your skin out. This alcohol-free certified organic toner utilizes Organic Witch Hazel to purify, Organic Vegetable Glycerin to moisturize and Organic Rose and Chamomile to soothe, calm and restore the skin’s natural acid mantle—the skin’s own protective layer. Get toned!
Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Rooibos, Organic Yerba Mate, Organic Acai, Organic Blackberry Leaf, Organic Rosehips, Organic Nettle Leaf, Organic Calendula, Organic Chamomile, , Organic Witch Hazel, Organic Bulgarian Rose Water (Hydrasol), (NOP Cert. Organic) Glycerin*, Organic Chamomille and Calendula flower Extracts.
- Price: $15.99
- Size: 4 oz.
- Uses: Facial Toner.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: About 2-3 spritzes.
- First Impression: Hooray for Spritz! No cotton balls… YAY!
- Visual Attractiveness: LOVE the packaging design! Pretty colors!
- Texture: Spray/ Mist.
- Scent: A combo of Roses & Witch Hazel. Wish it smelled a little more like the roses.
- How Long I’ve Used It: Everyday for about a week (between cleanser & moisturiser).
- Easy To Find And Where?: ACureOrganics.com, and some Whole Foods Markets (my WF’s in NJ didn’t have it).
- Acquired: Sent to me by Acure Organics to review.
- Customer Service: I spoke to Kelly B., who was really great and answered all of my questions ASAP! What I like the most about the company is that (unlike so many “Pinkwashing” companies out there) they DO NOT use any suspected carcinogens in their products! Finally, a company who “Get’s It“! All of Acure’s products contain at least a minimum of 70% organic ingredients and many of their products are completely USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified or both! They are also Vegan, Gluten Free, Sulfate Free, Cruelty Free, Paraben Free, PEG Free, Petroleum Free, Phthalate Free, Silicone Free, contains no Mineral Oil or Synthetic Fragrances which is AWESOME! Please see my Review of their Facial Cleansing Gel Superfruit + Chlorella Growth Factor for more info.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Nope, but I think they should. Re-fillable ones would be fabulous- so if you have their full-size products, you can fill them up and go whenever you need to!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 1. Very Nice!
- Verdict: I LOVE that this Facial Toner is certified USDA Organic! I also heart that it’s in a spray bottle, saving me time, and $ on Cotton Balls… I know they’re like 2 cents each, but times are tough, LOL! I originally planned to use this only on special occasions like after a facial or something. I honestly was terrified to ever get into the habit of depending on several products or a “System” ever since I gave up Proactiv in the beginning of the year (YUCK!). This is not like that though. It feels refreshing, relaxing, and uplifting. It works just like it says… kissing surface shine guh-byeeee, but not drying! I have been using it almost everyday between my cleanser and moisturizer, and have even been using it to refresh my skin later on in the day if I need to. The great thing is that if I don’t use it for a day… my skin doesn’t freak out like it normally does because I stopped using something… so my skin is not dependant on it! Needless to say, I haven’t had time for a facial in over two weeks… Naughty, I know- but my skin doesn’t seem to hate me for it… WHAT?! Yep, that’s right! So check them out- they have offered an exclusive online discount to all of my readers! How nice of them?… Thanks Kelly B. & Acure Organics! Enter “GLAM” as the Coupon Code before checkout to receive 15% OFF your order… and tell them I sent you! Smooches…