Goal: To find a natural face wash that would remove all of my makeup without burning my eyes, and wouldn’t cause me to break out.
Brand I Tried: Acure Organics
Product: Facial Cleansing Gel Superfruit + Chlorella Growth Factor
Product Description: Gentle cleansing gel restores tone, deep cleans and removes makeup. This gentle cleanser works on two levels–it washes away dirt and oil as well as removes makeup to leave your skin radiant and refreshed. An antioxidant dense cleansing complex that maintains your skin’s natural acid mantle, activates new cell growth and helps you look younger and feel better. Organic Goji Berry, Fair Trade Organic Olive Oil and Organic Chlorella Growth Factor provide the ultimate cell boosting blend. Wash away those worries (and worry lines)!
Ingredients: Organic Curoxidant Blend (Organic Acai Berry, Organic Blackberry, Organic Rosehips, Organic Elderberry, Organic Nettle Leaf, Organic Cranberry, Organic Goji Berry, Organic Raspberry, Organic Pomegranate, Organic Blueberry, Organic Calendula officinalis, Organic Chamomile, Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Yerba Mate, Lauryl Glucoside (vegetable derived), Decyl Glucoside (sugar soap), Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Olive Oil, Organic Chlorella pyrenoidosa (Chlorella Growth Factor), Glucono Delta Lactone (fermented sugar), Potassium Sorbate (food grade preservative), Lemon Essential Oil, Citric Acid.
- Price: $14.99
- Size: 4 oz.
- Uses: Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser, 2-in-1 product…Woo-Hoo!
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: About 2 pumps.
- First Impression: Modern, simple, sleek and convenient packaging!
- Visual Attractiveness: LOVE the packaging design! Water-proof labels, bright and colorful- doesn’t look like it came from the Health Food Store!
- Texture: Gel (foaming once you lather).
- Scent: smells like Grapefruit.
- How Long I’ve Used It: Everyday for about a week. I will update if something changes.
- Easy To Find And Where? ACureOrganics.com, and some Whole Foods Markets (my WF’s in NJ didn’t have it).
- Acquired: Sent to me by Acure Organics to review.
- Customer Service: Very quick response to my emails and questions. Shipped VERY fast! Thanks Kelly B.! They are a really great company, I love what they are about! A little about the company: Kristy Guerra started the family owned and operated company as a way to honor her grandmother who battled breast cancer for a decade. For every product they sell, $1.00 is donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. What I like the most is that unlike so many “Pinkwashing” companies out there, they DO NOT use any suspected carcinogens in their products! YAY! All of Acure’s products contain at least a minimum of 70% organic ingredients and many of their products are completely USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified or both! They are also Vegan, Gluten Free, Sulfate Free, Cruelty Free, Paraben Free, PEG Free, Petroleum Free, Phthalate Free, Silicone Free, contains no Mineral Oil or Synthetic Fragrances. Acure Organics believes that each day you vote with your dollars, supporting the companies that share your values (and so do I) and wants to help eliminate people’s exposure to toxic chemicals in cosmetics and help educate them on the benefits of food-grade, organic ingredients.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes?: Not that I’m aware of. It would be awesome if they made travel sizes!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating: 1. YAY!
- Verdict: I would definitely buy this again! I LOVE it! Smooth, foamy gel that lathers with very little product which is great for normal to oily skin. Leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed, but not squeaky and stripped- which is good. It doesn’t bother my sensitive eyes or contact lenses and I have had no breakouts so far (fingers crossed). I will definitely update if any of this changes in the future. I really like that only two tiny squirts (unlike a lot of other natural products where you have to use a ton) removes ALL of my makeup pretty quickly- without scrubbing and without a trace left behind! AMAZING! This super-skinny pump bottle will probably last me MONTHS and is listed at a very reasonable price point considering you use so little! It’s a 2-in-1 multi-use product… Makeup Remover/ Face Wash, which allows me to skip a step in my beauty routine… especially when I’m lazy at night and don’t feel like removing my makeup before bed (Bad Girl! LOL). More beauty sleep for me, Ha! Another nice thing about these products (for all of you who like to make your own beauty products at home) are that their containers seem to be re-usable when you’re done. Really nice, durable bottles to recycle or re-fill with your own recipes (I know, right? How green of the The GG? LOL). In my book- this product is a keeper! This is THE BEST natural face wash I’ve found so far and has ALL the things I was asking for!
poetryofspiritOctober 11, 2010 at 3:57 am
Thank you GG, for this great review! After reading it I went out and bought this product – I love 2-in-1s. I used to use Fresh’s Soy Face Cleanser, but it’s not as safe and definitely not pocket-friendly ($28, ouch), then moved to the cheap Purpose $4 cleanser that does both, but it stings my eyes and you have to use lots of it. Acure’s cleanser is perfect, and it doesn’t make me break out or sting my eyes! Now I can hardly wait to try their toner and possibly moisturizer (I’m 21, not sure how it will work for my combination skin). P.S. I’m a huge fan of Bubble and Bee, and love their Cooling Cucumber Face Wash, but, you’re right – it doesn’t remove make-up all that well. It’s nice for those gross no-makeup days though! :)
The Glamorganic GoddessOctober 13, 2010 at 1:15 am
Haha… no prob. 2-n-1’s are the bomb! I use the B&B Cool Cuke Face Wash on “no makeup” days too :P Keep me posted!
xoxo The GG
AnonymousJanuary 1, 2011 at 4:07 pm
I just started using this product and I LOVE it! I was a faithful Dr. Hauschka user and just found out that they actually contain some really dangerous ingredients. (check it out here- a really useful website http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ Unfortunately Acrue Organics have not yet been rated). I was so disappointed about Dr. Hauschka. But so far I love acure organics. I have been using the 2 in 1 face wash, toner and day cream. Thanks for the great review!
The Glamorganic GoddessJanuary 16, 2011 at 8:24 pm
I’m so glad you LOVE it! Actually, Dr. Hauschka isn’t really bad for the most part… this is one of those tmes where the Skin Deep Database can be a little confusing and mis-informing. Please see my post about it here: http://theglamorganicgoddess.blogspot.com/2010/12/fyi-get-your-glam-on-guide-to-using.html xoxo
KristaOctober 15, 2017 at 6:10 am
The coupon code does not work
DanielleNovember 30, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Hi Krista! So sorry about that! I just removed it… thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately, that code was several years old + they haven’t given me another one. If you’d like to shop for ACURE with a coupon code, check out this page + look for the codes under “One Stop Shops” – many of them sell ACURE! 😉✨