Just a few things in my Winter Wellness Arsenal from NOW Foods! What I love about NOW, is that their products are really affordable (so, great for anyone on a budget!), & are also pretty high up there in comparison with many of the more expensive supplement brands out on the market! They’re also easy to find online, & in stores too!
NOW Winter Wellness Essentials
- Vitamin C is a water soluble nutrient known for its vital role in boosting the immune system.
- Necessary for collagen production (a structural protein in connective tissue), which is important for skin, bone, & joint health.
- Needed for amino acid metabolism, neurotransmitter synthesis, & the utilization of nutrients like, folic acid & iron.
- Highly effective antioxidant that helps maintain healthy tissues, by neutralizing free radicals generated during normal metabolism & exposure to environmental stressors.
- Personally, I like to take various types of Vitamin C from time to time, & prefer to switch up the delivery methods (sometimes Liposomal, sometimes via High-Dose IV, and sometimes something like this, depending on what I need). I start by adding a 1/4 tsp. to any cold or room temperature beverage, like brewed iced tea or fresh juice, & stir it in.
(Supports Enzyme Functions)
- Zinc is essential for normal organ function, as well as normal function of the skeletal, immune, neurological, & endocrine systems.
- It’s a necessary mineral co-factor for hundreds of enzymatic reactions related to protein & carbohydrate metabolism, RNA/DNA synthesis, & intercellular signaling.
- It’s also known for its critical role in the neutralization of free radicals, as well as maintenance of healthy aging.
- Zinc Picolinate is my go-to form of Zinc, due to is bioavailability. My only issue is that I wish NOW made this in a lower dosage (like, by half would be great!) – as I’m one of those people who has a super-sensitive stomach when it comes to Zinc, no matter how big of a meal I eat with it. So, I actually buy Empty “00” Veg Capsules, & split the dosage in these in 1/2, so I can tolerate it.
(Maintains Cellular Health)
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is a stable form of the non-essential amino acid cysteine.
- It’s a sulfur-containing amino acid that’s necessary for the formation of glutathione, & also acts as a stabilizer for the formation of protein structures.
- Added Molybdenum & Selenium are essential trace minerals that help facilitate the production of several important enzymes.
- I started taking this this year, to kick my health up a notch & it’s really helped!
- Quercetin is a naturally occurring Free Radical Scavenger that supports healthy seasonal immune system function.
- Lab Studies show that Quercetin can also help to promote normal respiratory function.
- Bromelain has a lengthy history of use by herbalists, & is known to help support a balanced immune response to environmental challenges.
- This Combo really compliments each other, and may help promote year-round respiratory health, & support overall seasonal comfort.
- This supplement was also new to me this year, and is now something I can’t be without! It has been a total game-changer in terms of Histamine Intolerance!
(Structural & Immune System Support)
- Vitamin D is usually diet-derived, however, it’s not abundant in food.
- It’s also usually produced through the skin from the UV energy of the sun, but as more people avoid sun exposure these days, supplementation becomes even more necessary to ensure that our bodies receive an adequate supply.
- I love that these come in a highly-absorbable liquid softgel form, & I also believe this is the highest potency of Vitamin D3 that NOW makes. Keep in mind though – you may not need this high of a dose. Given my history, my doctors prefer my levels to be optimal in the high 80’s, and this product helps me keep it there. They do sell lower doses though!
(Eye Health & Healthy Immune Function)
- Vitamin A is essential for the maintenance of tissues that line internal & external surfaces of the body, including the eyes, skin, respiratory, GI & urinary tracts.
- I take Vitamin A on a regular basis, but also always keep this in my house incase I feel something coming on! If I don’t have this, I juice a lot of carrots to get my Vitamin A!
- Silver Sol is colorless & odorless, & made in the USA using patented SilverSol Breakthrough Technology, which has undergone rigorous scientific review.
- Composed only of elemental Silver (10 parts per million) & Deionized Water, to retain the characteristic properties found in Colloidal Silver.
- I use a few sprays of this, when I feel like I need it.
- Typically used for mild ear discomfort, or irritation.
- A naturally soothing blend of herbs that cleanse & moisturize the delicate tissues of the ear canal.
- Contains: Olive, Garlic, Mullein, Calendula, St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E, & Tea Tree.
- I put a drop or two on a cotton swab& rub it around the outside opening of my ear as soon as I feel something coming on.
Get 20% OFF your purchase at NOW Foods, with code GLAMORGANIC!