Boost your immunity or knock the socks off your cold this season with this fizzy, flu-fighter!
What You Need
- Vitamix or High-Speed Blender
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mason Jar
- ½ Cup Sparkling Water, Unflavored
- ½ inch piece Ginger, peeled
- 1 Lime
- ½ Lemon
- Honey, preferably Raw, Organic – to taste
- 1 Cup Ice
- Drink ASAP + store any extra in a mason jar in the fridge. It doesn’t stay long though, the lemon + lime get bitter.
- Mason Jars can be purchased at Mountain Rose Herbs or on Amazon.
- Variation – add an Orange for extra sweetness.
- Always buy highest quality, fresh, organic ingredients when possible.
- Add all ingredients, except sweetener to the Blender, making sure the lid is secure
- Blend on high until smooth
- Add Honey to taste, depending on the fruit’s tartness
- Drink ASAP!
Why It’s Good For You
SPARKLING WATER – hydrating. Helps with nausea + congestion.
GINGER – is anti-inflammatory + has a warming effect while it promotes circulation, ridding the body of toxins. It also improves nutrient absorption + helps with nausea, sore throats, aching muscles, joint pain + clearing sinuses.
LIMES – are packed with vitamin C (ascorbic acid), a natural antioxidant, important for boosting the immune system, protecting against colds and many bacterial illnesses. They also balance blood sugar, aid in digestion + are anti-inflammatory.
LEMONS – are packed with over 200 enzymes to help restore liver function, balance pH + boost the immune system. They’re also high in Vitamin C + potassium, are extremely alkalizing when metabolized, hydrate the lymphatic system, aid in digestion, weight loss + clear skin.
HONEY – is a gentle cleanser, is awesome for acne, high in vitamin C, a variety of B vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid, as well as minerals such as potassium. It also contains powerful antioxidants which fight free radicals and reverse aging, it’s rich in amino acids, the basic building blocks of life- softening and dissolving dead skin cells and nourishing to new skin cells. Bees release glucose enzymes when they create honey that is a natural antiseptic and has antibacterial properties. When applied topically, it draws body fluids and nutrients to the area assisting in cell growth and scar prevention.
Ice – Hydrates, cools + refreshes, helping to relieve a fever or soothe a sore throat.
MaryJune 3, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Does this actually taste yummy or is it just healing? How fast do you usually have to drink your’s? One or two days? New to making fermented sodas. :)
DanielleJune 12, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Hey Mary! I like the taste of it, but I 💗 ginger though… I usually drink it within a day or so. XO ❤️