I don’t know about you, but I use Mason Jars for everything under the sun – my Green Beauty Juices + Smoothies, Fruit Water, Iced Tea, Coffee, etc. Sometimes I just want to grab them + go – but then I either have to bring a straw on the side, or fold it inside the jar, which can get really messy! So, instead of buying over-priced, fancy-schmancy lids, why not make your own! It’s super easy.
What You’ll Need
- You can purchase different sized hole punchers on Amazon for your glass or stainless steel straws – just find out the straw diameters from the company first.
- I bought extra lids for this project + kept the original lids that came with my jars for when I totally want to seal them.
- You’re going to think that there’s no way the hole puncher will work, but it will!
- Place the lid inside the hole puncher.
- Punch a hole near the side.
- Fill with Green Beauty Juices + Smoothies.
- Put the Straw in.
- Put the lid on.
- Enjoy on the-go!
MoniqueJuly 21, 2013 at 7:48 am
I LOVE Mason Jars. I tried this as soon as I woke up this morning and it is PERFECT! Thanks for the creative idea ;)
DanielleJuly 24, 2013 at 1:33 pm
OMG, Monique… it’s so easy, right? We love them too!
MimiJuly 29, 2013 at 11:07 am
I love these jars and keep them by my bedside but the lid was an issue. I was frustrated when I told my husband to pick one up that had the straw but it was plastic. We got the regular ones. You can even drink warm teas in the mason jars. I can’t thank you enough for sharing this. Your blog is a great resource. Merci!!! :-)