Hair of the Dog anyone? If you were caught dancing on tables last night… This one’s for you!
What You’ll Need:
- A Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- A Spoon to Mix
- A Washcloth
- A Sink
- 2 oz. (basically, a shot glass full) of Calcium Bentonite (Aztec Secret or any other kind) Clay Powder
- 1 oz. (1/2 shot glass) of Champagne, Organic perhaps?
- 1 oz. (1/2 shot glass) of Half & Half, Heavy Cream, preferably Organic. You can also use Milk or Plain Yogurt- but you may have to increase or decrease the Champagne / Clay depending on the thickness (the higher the fat content, the better)
- 5 Drops Lavender Essential Oil (or any oil you have on hand)
- Combine Clay & Champagne into a small bowl and mix first.
- Next, combine all other ingredients with the Clay & Champagne.
- Wash your face with cleanser to remove any makeup.
- Apply a thick, even layer of the Facial Mask onto your skin (avoiding your eyes) and relax for about 15-20 minutes.
- Lay a warm, wet washcloth over your face for a minute or so to loosen the mask, then gently wipe it off.
- Rinse your face with warm water to remove any excess and pat dry.
- I like to apply a little Organic EVOO after- but you can apply any natural moisturizer.
Why It’s Good For You:
BENTONITE CLAY: a detox aid that acts like a magnet pulling toxins out of you body through your pores. relieves symptoms associated with toxin build up, soothes acne and other skin conditions and contains approximately 67 trace minerals.
CHAMPAGNE: contains polyphenols- acts as a toner, contains Tartaric Acid- which lightens your skin and prevents pigmentation, and certain types of beneficial phenolic compounds including tyrosol and caffeic acid. The fizz from the carbon dioxide also helps constrict and close pores, making the skin tight, leaving it firm and glowing radiantly.
CREAM or YOGURT: is also a gentle cleanser, has anti fungal and antibacterial qualities, is useful for unclogging blocked pores. It also brightens the skin and contains naturally occurring alpha-hydroxy acid from lactic acid that exfoliates and renews the cellular surface of the skin.
LAVENDER: has the ability to remove nervous tension, relieve pain, increases blood circulation, digestion and induces rest. An excellent remedy for swelling and headaches. It also has antiseptic and anti- fungal properties. It is used to treat various skin disorders such as acne, wrinkles, psoriasis, and other inflammations. It heals wounds, cuts, burns, and sunburns rapidly as it aids in the formation of scar tissues.
Cheers Party Girls!