Sinfully Sweet & Healthy!
What You’ll Need:
- A Blender
- Anywhere from 2 cups to a Gallon of Organic Whole Milk (I like a lot of Milk…).
- 1/2 Cup Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, preferably Organic.
- 2 Tbsps. of Organic Honey (Regular or Raw).
- 1/4 Cup of Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Castile Soap (don’t put this in the blender- just add to the bath when running the tap). Or, you could drop in a few Mint Tea Bags instead of soap.
- A cup of Hot Chocolate for you to sip so you don’t consider drinking the bathwater :)
- Combine all the ingredients (except the Castile Soap, or you’ll have a Jacuzzi in your Kitchen) into your blender.
- Pour the contents of blender into the tub while the tap is running.
- Add The Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap to the tub while the tap is running.
- Don’t forget your cup of Hot Chocolate!
Why it’s good for you:
MILK or CREAM: has anti fungal and antibacterial qualities, so it is useful for cleansing and unclogging blocked pores. It also brightens the skin and contains naturally occurring alpha-hydroxy acid from lactic acid that gently moisturizes, exfoliates and renews the cellular surface of the skin.
DARK CHOCOLATE: smooths wrinkles, is a skin softener, and contains fatty acids and powerful anti-oxident properties which help to absorb skin-damaging free radicals.
HONEY: is awesome for acne, high in vitamin C, a variety of B vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid, as well as minerals such as potassium. It also contains powerful antioxidants which fight free radicals and reverse aging, it’s rich in amino acids, the basic building blocks of life- softening and dissolving dead skin cells and nourishing to new skin cells. Bees release glucose enzymes when they create honey that is a natural antiseptic and has antibacterial properties. When applied topically, it draws body fluids and nutrients to the area assisting in cell growth and scar prevention.
MINT: is a natural astringent, helps loosen dead skin cells, and unclog your pores. It refreshes the senses, soothes and & calms dry, itchy, infected or inflamed skin. It also contains vitamin A which helps to strengthen skin tissue and reduce oily skin.
XoXo Enjoy! :)
Plain JaneDecember 24, 2010 at 2:02 am
Can’t wait to test this out!