Now’s Organic Hot Cocoa is the best, pre-made, Hot Chocolate mix I’ve ever had! So, naturally – as I was daydreaming over a cup of it, I figured out a way to turn it into a DIY Beauty Recipe. I mean… what better way to enjoy chocolate, than to smother yourself in it, right!?
Organic Hot Chocolate Body Scrub Recipe
The Hot Cocoa, has antioxidants, the Turbinado Sugar, and Salt slough off dry skin, Vitamin E and Grapeseed Oil moisturize your skin. And, the warming Vanilla, just ties it all together!
- 1 Cup NOW Organic Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp NOW Organic Hot Cocoa Mix or NOW Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup NOW Organic Grapeseed Oil
- 15 Drops NOW Vitamin E Oil
- A Few Drops of NOW Vanilla Essential Oil Blend or Organic Vanilla Extract
- Pint Mason Jar with Lid
- Small Spoon to Stir
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Add all the dry ingredients to the jar, put the lid on and shake to mix.
- Add in all the oils and extracts, and stir with a spoon, so that the oil makes its way all the way to the bottom of the jar.
- Put the lid back on again and shake, to mix thoroughly. It should be about the consistency of wet sand.
- For best results, scoop some out and apply it to wet skin in the shower.
- Rinse well with body wash or soap, and moisturize as usual! I love and use any of the following: Now’s Vitamin C & Sea Buckthorn Lotion, their Vitamin E Cream, and their MSM Healthy Skin Liposome Lotion.
- You can use either Hot Cocoa Mix, or Cocoa Powder. I like the Hot Cocoa Mix because it has a little bit of Milk powder in it, which has some additional skin moisturizing benefits.
- Normally, I’d say the Vanilla EO / Extract could be optional, but since there’s a decent amount of Vitamin E Oil in this Recipe (which doesn’t have the best smell), I highly recommend adding the Vanilla in. At first, it might not seem like it’s making a difference, but if you let it sit for a little bit (or, overnight), the Vanilla & Chocolate scents will meld and really come through more. I promise.
- I don’t like really oily scrubs – I prefer them to be on the drier side (with higher sugar content). But, feel free to adjust the ingredients to your liking!
- Be Careful! The tub may be slippery from the oils in this! Also another reason why I like to keep the oil content to a minimum.
- Caution: Essential Oils are highly concentrated & should be used with care. Dilute Essential Oils as directed, do not exceed dilutions recommended for this recipe. Pure Essential Oils can be irritating to skin. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of children. Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing.
GlamcodeApril 22, 2022 at 7:53 am
Thank you so much for the beautiful information to us. I hope you will share more information with us. Please keep sharing.
JeanetteJuly 13, 2022 at 6:03 pm
Well this looks absolutely fantastic and almost edible. Thank you for sharing!
DanielleJuly 15, 2022 at 6:34 pm
Thank you, Jeanette! Well… it kinda is! 🤣😘