Ever tried a Coconut Oil Hair Mask? Gurrrl, what are you waiting for?!?
I’d first heard about using coconut oil in my hair back in my early teens, when I’d met a group of girls from Dubai at a skating competition. These girls had ah-mazingly shiny + gorgeous hair, + totally swore by it! So, if you’re looking for something calm, cool + collected for your dry, frizzy hair, this is a must try, DIY! The Organic Coconut Oil will hook you up with soft, silky locks, while Organic Peppermint Essential Oil helps soothe your scalp.
What You’ll Need
- Small Mixing Bowl
- PEVA or Plastic Shower Cap
- Organic Coconut Oil
- 2-4 Drops Organic Peppermint Essential Oil (depending on the length of your hair)
- The amount of either oil will really depend on the length of your hair.
- You may have to shampoo really well a few times to get all the oil out.
- You may not have to condition your hair at all!
- Your shower can get slippery, so be careful!
- Always use the highest quality of fresh, organic ingredients when possible.
- Start by scooping about ¼ of a cup of coconut oil into the mixing bowl (adding more or less, depending on the length of your hair).
- Add Peppermint Essential Oil + Mix.
- Massage the mixture into your scalp + work it through the ends of your hair.
- If your hair is long enough, tie it up + cover with Shower Cap for at least an hour, leaving on as long as possible.
- Shampoo your hair really well, repeating if necessary until the oil feels like it’s gone.
- Condition as usual, but you may not have to.
Have you ever tried this, or any Coconut Oil Hair Mask?
TehminaJune 21, 2014 at 6:33 pm
I love to use oils in hair, and i agree coconut oil is fantastic. x
arielleJune 22, 2014 at 4:37 pm
I will definitely give this a try!
JadeJune 23, 2014 at 8:23 pm
Mmmhh.. how wonderful! I’ve been experimenting with leaving coconut oil in my hair overnight and have been loving it. It would be fantastic and uplifting to add a few drops of peppermint.
NicoleJune 27, 2014 at 7:38 pm
This sounds amazing, I’ve trying to look for ways to use coconut oil as hair treatment and will try this as soon as possible.
DanielleJuly 1, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Yay Nicole! Keep us posted! XO <3
Joan NaturalJuly 4, 2014 at 7:45 am
Looks amazing! Thanks for the DIY advise, definitely try this one at home!
DanielleJuly 4, 2014 at 11:41 pm
Thanks! It’s one of my fave DIY’s! Xo <3
CarynJuly 14, 2014 at 6:00 pm
I need a sisterly kick in the %^R*^&^&% because I still miss the keratin hair treatment I did a few years ago. Do you suggest this mask weekly or is there a product like a keratin hair treatment? I don’t like my curls (they are only soft). I prefer straight hair on me.
DanielleJuly 14, 2014 at 7:52 pm
It really depends on the feel of your hair + the condition of your scalp. You can do it as frequently as you’d like though. I do it about once or twice a month. A keratin treatment is like a perm that straightens your hair + they’re pretty much all toxic… so I’m not sure of anything that would would work like that without being harmful. Once I switched to more natural hair products, I didn’t have to wash my hair as frequently – so straightening my hair wasn’t as bad, since it lasted longer. A good heat treatment is Acure’s Leave-in Conditioner though! XO <3
Suzanne BufFieJuly 17, 2014 at 10:00 pm
This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing :-)
DanielleJuly 18, 2014 at 8:28 am
Thanks for checking it out Suzanne! XO <3
MariaSeptember 23, 2014 at 1:03 am
I really like this one, I will have to try it ! Thanks !