Ever tried a Coconut Oil Hair Mask? Gurrrl, what are you waiting for?!?
I’d first heard about using coconut oil in my hair back in my early teens, when I’d met a group of girls from Dubai at a skating competition. These girls had ah-mazingly shiny + gorgeous hair, + totally swore by it! So, if you’re looking for something calm, cool + collected for your dry, frizzy hair, this is a must try, DIY! The Organic Coconut Oil will hook you up with soft, silky locks, while Organic Peppermint Essential Oil helps soothe your scalp.
What You’ll Need
- Small Mixing Bowl
- PEVA or Plastic Shower Cap
- Organic Coconut Oil
- 2-4 Drops Organic Peppermint Essential Oil (depending on the length of your hair)
- The amount of either oil will really depend on the length of your hair.
- You may have to shampoo really well a few times to get all the oil out.
- You may not have to condition your hair at all!
- Your shower can get slippery, so be careful!
- Always use the highest quality of fresh, organic ingredients when possible.
- Start by scooping about ¼ of a cup of coconut oil into the mixing bowl (adding more or less, depending on the length of your hair).
- Add Peppermint Essential Oil + Mix.
- Massage the mixture into your scalp + work it through the ends of your hair.
- If your hair is long enough, tie it up + cover with Shower Cap for at least an hour, leaving on as long as possible.
- Shampoo your hair really well, repeating if necessary until the oil feels like it’s gone.
- Condition as usual, but you may not have to.
Have you ever tried this, or any Coconut Oil Hair Mask?