This is one of my absolute fave, all-time DIY beauty treatments! If you remember my Cinnamon Spot Treatment post, this mask is that… but better! The longer you leave it on + the more often you apply it – the quicker your acne will heal! And, this doesn’t only work on your face… it works any kind of wounds + scars. Just dab it on + cover with a band-aid or plastic wrap for a snazzy little spot treatment.
Why it works?
- Honey | Heals wounds, reduces the appearance of scars, acts as a humectant by stopping skin around scars + pimples from flaking + helps stop infections.
- Thyme | Antibacterial powerhouse + contains anti-inflammatory properties. Check out this study!
- Cinnamon | Detoxifies, increases circulation – brings blood, oxygen + nutrients to the surface to open pores.
- Nutmeg | Helps remove blackheads, reduces swelling around clogged pores, relieves pain, is anti-fungal + antibacterial, as well as astringent.
What you need
- Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 Tbsp. * Wedderspoon Raw, Organic Thyme Honey (see note below)
- 1 Tsp. Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Organic Ground Nutmeg
* Unfortunately, Wedderspoon’s Thyme Honey is no longer available, so I currently use their Raw Manuka Factor 16 (which actually kicks it up a notch), along with a drop or two of Aura Cacia’s Thyme Essential Oil.
- Don’t exfoliate before using this mask + don’t rub it in – as these spices may be strong on sensitive skin. Spot test it first if you’re unsure.
- May drip or stain when it warms up on your skin. So when making the paste, the thicker – the better.
- You can keep the leftovers in a small cosmetic container + use it as a spot treatment.
- Always use the highest quality of fresh, organic ingredients when possible.
- Combine ingredients by mixing enough Cinnamon, Nutmeg + Honey to make a paste.
- Apply to damp skin over entire face or dab just onto problem areas.
- Leave on as long as possible, or for a least 15-20 minutes.
- Gently remove by rinsing with lukewarm water + pat dry.
- Apply moisturizer as usual.
Have you tried this yet?