This triple threat – toner, makeup finishing spray + mixing medium is an easy + inexpensive way to keep your look, looking picture-perfect all day long!
A quick spritz alone makes a fabulous toner, but in combination – it can fix many major mineral makeup issues. Applied under makeup as a mixing medium – it intensifies eye shadows that aren’t as vibrant as you’d like, or colors that don’t show up on your skin tone. Applied over makeup – it eliminates creasing, smooths cakey, powdery looking foundation + sets your look.
What You’ll Need
- Mini Spray Bottle
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 Part – Rosewater + Glycerin
- 3 Parts – Distilled Water
- Essential Oils (optional) – I usually prefer Chamomile or Lavender.
- Always use the highest quality of fresh, organic ingredients when possible.
- Most materials + ingredients can be purchased at Mountain Rose Herbs or on Amazon.
- Avoid direct contact with eyes when applying.
- Only mix a small amount at a time. This does not contain any preservatives, so it’s only good for 2 weeks (3 weeks in the fridge).
- If using as a mixing medium, work quickly as it’s difficult to blend once it dries.
- Essential Oil additions: for combination skin – add Neroli. For dry, mature skin, add Rose. For oily skin, add Lime or Tea Tree. For sensitive skin, add Lavender.
- Combine ingredients in 1:3 ratio + pour into spray bottle.
- Close cap + shake to mix.
- Gently mist face before makeup, to prime skin.
- Gently spritz 4-5 times after applying makeup (but before mascara) to set.
LeanndraJune 11, 2013 at 6:27 pm
Hi. I was wondering where to get the bottles that are pictured on top? Thanks.
DanielleJuly 2, 2013 at 12:42 am
That’s very strange that I didn’t cite the photo, hmmm… maybe the container store? I know they were BPA-Free.
Incase I figure it out, I’ll update this.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
MerlyJuly 30, 2014 at 2:45 am
Thanks for this. I’m going to give this a try and let you know how I go.
Merly @ WBQ
StacyMarch 24, 2015 at 1:17 am
I was wondering why you “broke-up” with your makeup? What was it about M.A.C. that caused you to decide that this particular brand wasn’t a good choice for you anymore?
DanielleMarch 25, 2015 at 12:53 am
Hi Stacy! I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at 31 years old + nobody in my family had it. So, I decided to look into some of the environmental causes of Cancer like the ingredients + chemicals in my food, cleaning + beauty products. And, MAC, as well as many other mainstream companies had a whole slew of hormone disruptors + toxic chemicals linked to Cancer. You can look these up here, on Skin Deep. Hope this helps! XO <3
KELLYApril 29, 2016 at 1:28 pm
YOUR STORY IS VERY EYE OPENING. IM SORRY FOR YOUR DIAGNOSIS. AND THANKFUL FOR YOU SHARING YOUR JOURNEY AND KNOWLEDGE .. GOD BLESS YOU MY DEAR.
DanielleMay 2, 2016 at 4:58 pm
Aw, Thank You Kelly! God Bless you too! ;) xo <3
HaleyAugust 27, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Hey I was wondering what essential oils you recommend for the spray?
DanielleAugust 29, 2017 at 11:44 am
Hey Haley! I usually prefer Chamomile or Lavender. 💗