You know I looove me a good Match Mask! Matcha is known for it’s antioxidant super-powers… not only internally, but externally as well, & is filled with EGCG Polyphenols, Chlorophyll & L-Theanine that can all help soothe, smooth & detoxify your skin!
European Clay Powder is best for normal, oily or combo skin types & helps draw out impurities for a deeper detox, making pores less noticeable, & improving overall skin tone.
I also wanted to give it a cool little kick with a dash of Organic Spearmint Essential Oil, as an homage to my one of my 1st Loves… a pretty popular Mint Julep Mask (which I won’t name), that’s unfortunately crammed full of crappy ingredients, that I won’t use anymore.
DIY Matcha Mint Mask
For this mask, we’re going to use authentic Organic Japanese Culinary Grade Matcha Powder because it’s actually higher in antioxidants than Ceremonial Grade Matcha, & it’s a little more budget-friendly too!
This Recipe makes about 2-3 Masks, depending on how thick or thin you make it… I personally prefer a thicker layer so it doesn’t dry on my face. I keep it in the fridge, in an airtight container between uses, & try to use it up within 3-5 days. I originally tried to 1/2 the recipe to make just one mask, but one drop of Spearmint Essential Oil was just way too much. So, I doubled all the other ingredients & kept the one drop. It’s much better this way, Plus… your skin will love doing this a few times a week anyway, or… you can share it with a friend!
Ingredients & Supplies
- 2 Tsp. NOW Real Tea Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 Tbsp. NOW Solutions European Clay Powder
- 1 Drop NOW Organic Spearmint Essential Oil
- Water – just enough to reach desired consistency
- Optional – a Drizzle of Manuka Honey (if you want a little more moisture)
- Facial Masking Brush & Bowl Set, or a Small Bowl & Non-Metal Spoon or Spatula to mix.
- Jar with Plastic Lid
- Old Washcloth
- Measure out 2 Tsp. Matcha Powder & 1 Tbsp. European Clay Powder into your bowl or jar, & stir the dry ingredients (or shake with lid on) until mixed.
- Activate the mask, by adding the just enough water – a little at a time, to get the consistency you want. If you want to add some Manuka Honey, you can use a little less water, & add it here. Sometimes I do, & sometimes I don’t… so, it’s totally up to you!
- Next, add exactly ONE DROP of the Spearmint Essential Oil (it’s potent) & mix well – until completely smooth.
- Apply to clean, damp skin, using a Masking Brush, or your fingers.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes, & rinse well, getting any residual mask off with an old Washcloth.
- Moisturize as usual.
Caution: Essential Oils are highly concentrated & should be used with care. Dilute Essential Oils as directed, do not exceed dilutions recommended for this recipe. Pure Essential Oils can be irritating to skin. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of children. Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing.
Have you ever tried any of these? Let us know in the comments below!