Matcha is known for it’s antioxidant super-powers! It helps soothe, smooth + detoxify skin, while Kaolin clay is best known for it’s cleansing, thickening, + oil absorbing properties. And, Manuka Honey is just the best mask add-in ever with it’s anti-acne, anti-microbial + major moisturizing properties.
For this mask, we’re going to use authentic Japanese Culinary Matcha Powder because it’s actually higher in antioxidants than Ceremonial Matcha. Plus, it’s a little more budget-friendly too!
Ingredients + Supplies
- 1 Tsp. Jade Leaf Classic Culinary Organic Matcha Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. Frontier Co-op Kaolin Clay Powder
- Drizzle of Wedderspoon Organic Raw Manuka Honey K-Factor 22
- Water – just enough to reach desired consistency
- Mix well, until smooth.
- Activate the mask, by adding just enough honey + water to get the consistency you want.
- Apply to clean, damp skin – using a facial brush, or your fingers.
- Leave on for 15-30 minutes, or until dry.
- Rinse + moisturize as usual.
Tips + Tricks
- If you wanna kick it up a notch, try adding in some Plain, full-fat Yogurt, Fresh Lemon Juice, or some Activated Charcoal.
- Play around with the ratios. You may like more Matcha than Clay, more honey than water, or vice versa.
- The more honey you add, the less likely it will be to dry + crack.
- Grab DIY ingredients + supplies from Amazon, Mountain Rose Herbs, Starwest Botanicals, Aura Cacia, Frontier Co-op, or The Container Store.