So… as most of you know, I’m NOT a huge fan of a separate Eye Make-up Remover and Facial Cleanser AT ALL. But in case you are… this one’s awesome! It removed my Liquid Eyeliner and my Mascara! Impressive. I use this only when I’m using cleansing products that don’t particularly remove my stubborn eye make-up (which seems to be a lot lately). My initial concerns were that it may burn or bother my eyes (or contacts when I put them back in) because of the oil… but it totally didn’t! Amen Sister!!
- Travel Container/ Bottle
- Cotton Balls/ Rounds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Preferably Organic).
- Witch Hazel (I like Thayer’s Alcohol-Free Cucumber Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera).
- Mix about a 50 / 50 combo of the Organic EVOO & Witch Hazel in the Travel Bottle.
- Shake to emulsify (every time you use this- it will separate).
- Drizzle on Cotton Ball/ Round.
- Gently swipe over Eye Makeup to remove.
- I prefer slightly more Witch Hazel than EVOO… but see what works for you!
- If you wear Contact Lenses… remove them before using this!
- Use a Q-tip & a dab of this in case of an eye make-up emergency!
Thanks Kandee Johnson! Mwah! xo
MaryApril 7, 2011 at 8:32 am
I love this! I have been looking for a decent (organic and eco friendly)way to remove eye makeup. I tried just olive oil once and it worked okay but I think the witch hazel is a great idea. So glad I stumbled onto your blog!
autumnApril 7, 2011 at 7:28 pm
try grape seed oil too. ive been using it without anything else for years.
The Glamorganic GoddessApril 8, 2011 at 12:14 pm
Good Idea Autumn… I’ll have to try it!
The GG :)
The Glamorganic GoddessApril 8, 2011 at 12:15 pm
Awww… Thanks Mary!
The GG :)
alldaynaturalApril 12, 2011 at 8:36 pm
Yes, grapeseed oil works wonders as a makeup remover. Can’t wait to try this recipe too!
JamieJuly 26, 2011 at 7:41 pm
Coconut oil is my favorite makeup remover.
MichelleFebruary 7, 2018 at 3:44 pm
I wear full eye make up every day, and have really sensitive eyes, so I cant use most makeup removers you find at the drug store. I now use the Made from Earth Green Tea Cleanser to remove my eye makeup and this takes it off really well without making my eyes water. No eye irritation what so ever, and I also use it as my night face cleanser. Its a creamy liquid, so it works for removing eye makeup as well.
DanielleFebruary 7, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Thanks Michelle! Same here with full eye makeup + sensitive eyes! You can see what I’m currently using over on my FAVES page! 💗