Follow these easy steps to create your own customized, waterless body moisturizer! A little goes a long way!
What You’ll Need
- Double Boiler
- Kitchen Stand Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- 1-2 Glass Storage Jars
- 1 cup Shea Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Olive, Almond, Jojoba or any healthy oil
- About 25-30 drops (Total) Essential Oils, Any Variety
- Always use the highest quality of fresh, organic ingredients when possible.
- Most materials + ingredients can be purchased at Mountain Rose Herbs or on Amazon.
- Use raw, pure, extra virgin + first cold pressed oils if you can.
- Try Scent Combo: Sweet Orange + Vanilla Essential Oils.
- Melt shea butter + coconut oil in the top of a double boiler.
- Remove from heat + let cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir in EVOO + essential oils.
- Wait until oils start to partially solidify, then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved.
- Store in a clean, glass jar.
Why It’s Good For You
- SHEA BUTTER – deeply moisturizing, has healing, anti-inflammatory + antioxidant properties, including Vitamins A + E which fight wrinkles + fine lines. It also protects, strengthens + regenerates skin cells.
- COCONUT OIL – loaded with Vitamin E + fatty acids like lauric acid, myristic acid, capric acid + many more which are anti-fungal, anti-oxidizing + anti-bacterial. It’s an antibiotic, multivitamin + nourishing multi-nutrient moisturizer all in one!
- OLIVE OIL – one of the most sought after and easily accessible natural oils for skin care, contains linoleic acid – a compound not made by the body that prevents water from evaporating on the skin. This heavy-duty moisturizer is full of antioxidants such as vitamins A + E, polyphenols + phytosterols. These antioxidants help neutralize the free radicals that cause skin damage. Olive oil also contains squalene + trace amounts of chlorophyll.