Sometimes, when we detoxify our bodies too quickly during a cleanse, we can experience severe detox or Herxheimer reaction symptoms like; headaches, nausea, breakouts, rashes, itchy, overly oily or overly dry skin, moodiness, etc. So, if you want to take it down a notch… try soaking in a nice, relaxing bath that’s FAB for alkalizing your body, reducing inflammation + helping you to let go of anything you’re holding onto emotionally… ahhh…
What You’ll Need
- Measuring Cups
- 2 Cups Epsom Salt
- 1/2 Cup Raw, Organic ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1/4 Cup Baking Soda
- A few Drops Peppermint Essential Oils (or anything you like)
- I used peppermint essential oil to help cover up the scent of the ACV, but you can use any scent you’d like… check out this Essential Oil Directory for help choosing scents. Some fun oils to experiment with: Grapefruit, Lemongrass, Lemon, Lime Peel, Orange, Mandarin, Tangerine, Litsea Cubeba, Geranium, Jasmine, Rose, Lavender, Spearmint, Peppermint, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, etc.
- Always use the highest quality of fresh, organic ingredients when possible.
- Most ingredients can be purchased at Mountain Rose Herbs or on Amazon.
- Fill the tub with warm, not hot water.
- Add ingredients to tub.
- Soak for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse off.
Have you tried this? Do you have a detox bath recipe you’d like to share?
Recipe adapted from Kris Carr’s Super-Witch Detox Bath.