Photo Cred: Prima
Potent Plant Therapeutics for Skin, Body, and Mind.
Unlock the power of nature, with Prima! Clean, Sustainable Skincare, Body Care, and Well-being Essentials made with Broad Spectrum, Organic Hemp CBD, and Functional Botanicals – for Whole Body Wellness.
Every Prima product is naturally sourced, and made with the highest purity, potency, and transparency. And, everything is also obsessively tested – using science-backed, clinically studied plant ingredients.
Besides the products themselves products, one of the things I love most about Prima – is that they’re unapologetically strict about their commitment to safety, accountability, and traceability – which goes far above and beyond, what’s legally required here in the US, as well as in the EU.
Photo Cred: Prima
Prima’s Founders are wellness advocates, science enthusiasts, and change-makers, with a deep respect for nature — and, a firm belief in its ability to bring us back to balance. Their top priorities are health and safety, and nothing’s more important than the ingredients they use, in their thoughtfully crafted formulas. Read more about their story, here.
Christopher Gavigan – A seasoned champion for environmental and human health, acclaimed author and speaker, and social entrepreneur. Christopher’s most notably known for his roles as CEO and Executive Director of Healthy Child Healthy World (also New York Times Bestselling Author of “Healthy Child Healthy World”), and Founder and Chief Product Officer of The Honest Company. He also sits on the Board of Directors at Mount Sinai’s Children’s Environmental Health Center.
Laurel Angelica Myers – A brand, consumer product, and digital media expert, with a passion for mission-driven business. Laurel’s strategic leadership was also fortified at The Honest Company, where she led brand strategy and product development, for the organization’s first 5 years, after which she oversaw their purpose and sustainability strategy.
Jessica Assaf – A Harvard Business School Grad, award-winning entrepreneur, and activist, on a mission to use business to improve health. With a portfolio of nationally recognized work in the beauty and cannabis industries, Jess has been a leading advocate for female empowerment, safe products, corporate accountability, and consumer wellness since the age of 15! She was also a participant in the Human Toxome Teen Body Burden Project with the Environmental Working Group.
Photo Cred: Prima
To Prima, clean means it’s made without harsh, harmful, or questionable ingredients. NO known carcinogens, reproductive toxins, neurotoxins, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, or, anything that causes organ toxicity, DNA, or cell damage. And, nothing that harms the environment either. You can read more about their industry-defining List of 2800+ Restricted Ingredients, here.
Another thing I love about Prima is that they continually challenge the industry, to do more – and to do better! As science, regulations, and ingredient data evolves – they continue to monitor, and survey international regulatory bodies, experts, and scientific researchers in the field of toxicology, epidemiology, and sustainability – for anything linked to adverse health effects.
And, FYI: they’re also the first CBD brand to have EWG verified products! All of their skin and body care products are – Broad Spectrum, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan, Cruelty Free, Clinically Tested, and Hypoallergenic. And, all of their ingestibles are Broad Spectrum, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan, Contain No Refined Sugar, and are also Non-intoxicating.
Photo Cred: Prima
One thing I can tell you, is that Prima has some of the highest quality, and most well-thought-out packaging I’ve ever seen in clean beauty – or elsewhere, for that matter. Their boxes and bottles are absolutely beautiful. They have a great weight to them. Their pumps lock, release just the perfect amount of oil, and are totally dripless (from my experience)! And, their soft-touch tubes just feel so high-end. Green-luxe, at its finest!
With that being said – Prima knows that everything they do, and every product they make — has an impact. Therefore, they feel it’s their duty reimagine design, and embrace circularity, so that that they can positively contribute to the planet, for future generations to come.
They do this by prioritizing human health, safety, environmental responsibility, impact, social ethics, human rights, and animal welfare – above all else. They’re also a Certified B Corp, Climate Neutral Certified, and Plastic Neutral.
Prima works hard to minimize their use of non-renewable resources – like, single-use plastics (only when necessary), and to maximize their use of renewables – like, glass. They also provide full transparency about their packaging materials. This way, you know what they’re made of, and how they can (or can’t) be recycled after use.
They limit their use of labels and finishing treatments, to enhance recyclability. 94% of Prima’s packaging (by weight) is Recyclable. 60% of their Shipping Boxes are recycled. 50% of their Tubes are Recycled Plastic. 85% of their primary packaging (by weight) is Glass, and 25% of it is Recycled. 100% of their Paper Packaging is Sustainably Harvested from Trees in responsibly managed Forests, and is FSC-Certified. They never use PVC, or Plastic-Laminated Paperboard. And, they limit the use of Inseparable Mixed Materials. Find out more about Prima’s Sustainability efforts, here. And, check out their newly launched Recycle for Real Program, here!
Photo Cred: Prima
Shipping & Returns
Get 5% towards future purchases, for every dollar you spend with Prima’s Better Rewards Program. In addition, they also have 3 different benefit levels. So, when you spend a certain dollar amount, you’ll get things like: Early Access to New Products, Free Shipping, an Additional 5% Cash Back on Every Order, Exclusive Promotions, Invites to Prima VIP Events, and more!
Products I’ve Tried
- Night Magic Intensive Facial Oil – An intensive Facial Oil with Moringa, Prickly Pear, and 300 mg of Organic Hemp CBD. A nutrient-dense oil, made with a blend of essential fatty acids, antioxidants, minerals, and hemp CBD to brighten, firm, and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Beyond Body Oil – A stress-fighting remedy for your body, skin and senses. This lightweight, ultra-concentrated, and ultra-nourishing body oil is formulated with age-defying squalane, helichrysum, magnesium, and 600 mg CBD, to lock in moisture, and improve skin’s radiance.
- Skin Therapy Body Butter – An ultra-rich, all-over cream that soothes rough, dry, and dehydrated skin. Perfect for hands, heels, elbows and knees. Made with organic oils, butters, 275 mg CBD, and, infused with an aromatic blend of citrus, clove, geranium, and ylang ylang essential oils.
- R+R CBD Recovery Cream – A non-greasy, cooling, Relief + Recovery cream for targeted support. Featuring, concentrated levels of organic, whole plant hemp extract, with naturally occurring CBD (750 mg), and, a botanical blend of menthol and eucalyptus for whole-body recovery.
- Recover Bath Gems – A deeply relaxing, extra-strength, effervescent bath soak for total body recovery, relaxation and tension relief. 50 mg of organic hemp CBD, with magnesium, arnica, and stimulating botanical oils to rejuvenate the mind.
- Unwind Bath Gems – A restorative mineral soak to ease tension, and melt away stress for total body relaxation, and ultra-soft skin. Made with 25 mg of CBD, functional minerals, and aromatherapeutics like, Eucalyptus, Lavender, and Camphor to moisturize, soothe and soften skin.
- Clean Hands CBD Hand Sanitizing Spray – A hydrating hand sanitizer to eliminate germs, combat dryness, and help restore the skin’s natural barrier. Made with powerful botanicals like, ethyl alcohol, quinoa extract, aloe, and ceramides.
- CBD Chill Out Chews – Non-intoxicating, organic CBD chews that take the edge off, anytime, anywhere. Vegan, doctor-formulated, and packed with nutrient-dense, plant-based ingredients. Notes of berry and tart lemon, with an herbaceous, bitter finish. Free of gelatin, refined sugar, artificial flavors and colors. Made with bioavailable magnesium, 20 mg organic CBD, and a proprietary Neuro-Nutrient Blend of 10 vitamins, and minerals, for instant stress relief.