grab these at luckyvitamin!
Here are a few little reviews of some things I snagged on my recent spending spree at Luckyvitamin.com! PLUS, Free Shipping on orders over $49!
- Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Pure Castile Soap (Tea Tree) – Who doesn’t need a little Bronner’s in their life? I mean… there ARE legit, hundreds of uses for them (here are 18!). It’s one of the cleanest + most gentle liquid soaps you can buy, from one of the most natural, OG brands around! I always keep a tiny 2 oz. bottle of this in my purse, in my car + travel with one, so I can use it as anti-bacterial hand soap in public bathrooms, at doctors offices / hospitals, + to clean surfaces (with a bit of water from my water bottle when I’m on the go) if need be. I’ve also used this as post-surgery body wash, to brush my teeth when I don’t feel like packing toothpaste, to clean my house, etc. I generally tend to go between these scents most frequently: Baby Mild (unscented), Tea Tree, Peppermint + Citrus (only recommend the first 2 after surgery. Check with your Dr. first though). I don’t however recommend using these long-term as a body wash though… simply because they can be drying for some people (sometimes), depending on how hard or soft your water is. When that happens, I usually just add a bit of Organic Vegetable Glycerin or Organic Jojoba Oil to the bottle. Quick + easy fix.
- Kiss My Face Moisture Shave (Pomegranate Grapefruit) – For years I had the hardest time finding a good, clean shaving cream. I went back + forth between a few different brands, but I’d still often get debilitating (literally!) razor burn, bumps, ingrown hairs, a bad shave, etc. I tried tons of different shaving soaps, lotions, oils + nothing worked really well for me (other than a few soaps / bodywashes, like: Leap Organics! BTW, Just saw that they have Shave Creams now… I’ll have to check them out + get back to you!). Ugh! I couldn’t take it anymore. So, I decided to scale it back a bit + go back to something a little more middle of the road, in terms of ingredients. This formula isn’t squeaky clean, but it’s by far – the best one I’ve found! Love that it’s not expensive, easy to find if I need one on a whim, comes in a variety of scents (as well as unscented), plus – they have a big pump bottle for the shower, + a smaller one with a flip-cap, for traveling or to try it before buying a big one.
- Mineral Fusion Nail Polish Remover – For the longest time I used different soy-based removers, but lately they seem to be getting more + more expensive, + harder to find in stores. As soon as I’d find one I liked, it would no longer be available. So I got fed up + figured I’d give this one a shot for just a fraction of the price. And as it turns out – this will probably be a staple for me from now on! While the soy-based removers tend to be much cleaner (most of the time, depending on the brand), they also usually require a little more elbow grease than I’d like to put into it to be honest. Ain’t nobody got time for a 15 minute (polish) stripping sesh.
- Celsus Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream – has been a go-to of mine since I had surgery back in 2015, for a multitude of reasons. I used it on my Bi-lateral Mastectomy Scars for several months, + they healed beautifully, + I also use it regularly as an eye cream, + a face cream. It works well alone, or under makeup + does not creep into my super-sensitive eyes (I also wear contacts, so that’s a plus). I’ve used it on burns, cuts, scrapes, etc. with great results! Love that’s it’s not greasy, sticky or waxy, + that it really soaks in + actually moisturizes – unlike many other truly natural lotions / creams I’ve tried. A definite must-have in my repertoire, + I always have a tube or two on hand incase I need it.
- Life-Flo Pure Magnesium Flakes – I’ve been taking Epsom Salt Baths on a regular basis for awhile now to help relax, detox, + soothe soreness, however – these Magnesium Flakes take my bath to a whole other level! Rather than re-inventing the wheel, here’s a quick little article about the difference between Magnesium Flakes + Epsom Salt! In a nutshell, Magnesium Flakes have more bioavailability than Epsom Salts when used topically. I just add about 2 cups to a warm bath or foot bath + soak for 20 minutes. So calming.
Have you ever tried any of these? Let us know in the comments below!