Grab these at Luckyvitamin!
(Free Shipping over $49, BTW!)
I recently picked-up a few things I’ve been wanting to try for a long time, + while the ingredients in a few of these may not be totally perfect, they’re definitely WAY better than most. And… they’re all relatively budget friendly too!
- Indigo Wild Zum Lemongrass Sugar Facial Scrub – I’m totally a sucker for a good facial scrub, but mainly one made from sugar, so I can use it with my African Black Soap! This combo works miracles for me! For reals. Awhile back when Fig + Sage was still going strong (Yep! Still a die-hard fan, + secretly praying they’ll still make a comeback!), I remember Stancie gushing about this particular scrub, so of course, I haaaaad to try it. Highly recommend + will definitely, definitely, definitely be repurchasing!
- Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Rosewater Instant Soothing Face Mask – Tried the Pumpkin Honey Instant Brightening one awhile back, + liked it, although I thought it was a tad too spicy for my liking. So, I figured I’d try this one instead, since it seemed a bit more gentle. I love that it’s a pre-made, one-shot deal – a very rare thing in natural masking, BTW! And… it wasn’t bad. I’d definitely have to use it more than once though, to really give it a thorough review. Thought it was worth a mention though. One thing to note – it contains Ethylhexylglycerin which I usually avoid, but in a single-use, type sitch like this (upon occasion), I don’t see it as a huge deal.
- At Last Naturals MSM Herbal Moisturizing Bar Soap – In the last year or so, I’ve discovered that I tend do pretty well with products that contain Sulfur, like Nelson’s Pure + Clear Acne Treatment Gel when I’m breaking out. So, despite the stench – I’m totally intrigued by Sulfur in my skincare (here’s a good article on the difference between MSM + Sulfur). I had seen this video on Youtube (as well as several others) where a ton of people had the same good results. The only issue? Almost all the sulfur products across the board, contained lots of crappy ingredients! This soap had the cleanest ingredients I’ve been able to find so far. Definitely check it out if you’re dealing with acne.
- Heritage Rosewater + Glycerin Spray – This is like a natural OG / HG Cult Fave, that’s been around in the beauty realm – for as long as I can remember. I want to say I tried it in High School, but really don’t remember, so I grabbed a bottle to check it out. This pretty little combo is best known as a natural makeup setting spray, + applied after afterwards (spray before mascara + liner though, otherwise they might run)! It’s also FAB as a primer, under loose powdered mineral makeup – which I, personally don’t use on a regular basis, mainly due to: inconvenience, inhalation risks, + how drying it can be on my skin. When used this way, I’ve found it can help minimize the flakiness + powdery-ness, if that’s an issue. I also like it as a hydrating + toning mist after facials. No matter how I use it, I find that it’s a little heavier on the glycerin than I’d like, though. So, I usually apply it (on spritz only!) strictly, on damp skin, or I add some extra rosewater to balance it out. What’s cool is that it’s made from Vor-Mag Water – vortexed + magnetized water to raise the energy to a higher vibration (trippy, right!? ✌🏼💗), Vegetable Glycerin, + Rosa Damascena Flower Oil.
- Dr. Singha’s Natural Therapeutics Mustard Bath – Yep! You read that right… it’s a Mustard Bath. And, I know what you’re thinking. I received a packet of this in a Beauty Box a few years ago + it was absolutely one of the weirder natural things I’ve tried, Lol. But, I quickly realized it might be a good idea to have on hand for when I’m not feeling well. Dr. Singha used this aromatic + alkaline clinically for over 40 years to help people eliminate acid waste + balance their pH, with excellent results. The warmth of the Mustard assists in opening your pores, so you can sweat out all the impurities, + possibly even break a fever. I’m currently doing a ton of detox baths + really like having this one in my rotation.
- Solar Recover Save Your Skin Daily Moisturizer + Sun Recovery Spray – Another Cult Fave in natural beauty! After hearing so many rave reviews, I finally decided to pick up a tiny bottle + see if it was really worth the hype! Like many bloggers, I’m continuously trying out new, natural Sunscreens to write about, + sometimes get burnt when they don’t work (FML)! So, I wanted something naturally soothing for if, + when that happened. And, I also wanted to see if it might be a good solution for Cancer Survivors going through Radiation, + I think it is. It really works + I’ll definitely be grabbing more soon.
- HoneyBee Garden’s Pressed Mineral Powder (Luminous) – This Pressed Powder seems to be all the rage among other Bloggers + Vloggers, especially for the price. So, I thought I’d put it to the test + see how well it performed. I’d say it’s medium coverage, reduces oil / shine, + has a pretty buttery texture. Honestly it wasn’t bad for the price! Definitely a Budget Buy + a step up from OrganicWear (best price point comparison). Luminous is the closest shade for me, even though it’s a bit on the peachy side. Only negatives – it’s very fragile, has a limited range of shades, + comes in a flimsy plastic package (no compact). You can’t beat the price for a pressed powder though.
- Deep Steep Body Wash (Tangerine Melon) – This was sort of a last minute impulse buy when I was having a moment of withdrawal… as I recently reminisced about missing some of my toxic old flames from Victoria’s Secret + Bath + Bodyworks. Sigh. I’m not perfect with ingredients (although I try to be) + this is not something I generally use on a daily basis, but decided to treat myself. So, if you’re looking for a quick fix for those types of scents – Deep Steep (and Pacifica) are probably the cleanest way to go for that stuff.