On a recent trip to Chicago to visit NOW Foods HQ, several Influencers & I had a delightful day of DIY beauty & pampering at The Soho House Chicago Cowshed Spa – where we made the following beauty recipes. I really fell in love with them, so – I figured I had to share!
Calming Sugar Body Scrub
This soothing scrub physically removes dead skin cells with Organic Turbinado Sugar granules, & then rejuvenates your skin with a combo of Essential Oils, Vitamin E & Organic Argan Oil.
- 4 Tbsp. NOW Organic Turbinado Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. NOW Organic Argan Oil
- 1 Tsp. NOW Organic Rose Hip Seed Oil
- 20 Drops NOW Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 Drops NOW Vanilla Essential Oil Blend
- 2 Drops NOW Vitamin E-Oil 23,000 IU
- Amber Glass Jar with Lid
- Spoon to mix
- Combine all ingredients in a small glass bowl or jar, & mix thoroughly.
- While in the shower, gently rub the sugar scrub onto your skin in a circular motion.
- Rinse when finished.
Skin Renewal Mask
Brings new life to tired, dull looking skin. It’s a conditioning combo of clay powder & Essential Oils that help balance your skin tone & get you glowing again! This can also be used as an exfoliating facial cleanser.
- 4-5 Tbsps. Filtered Water
- 3 Drops NOW Organic Rosemary Essential Oil
- 2 Drops NOW Organic Rose Hip Seed Oil
- 3 Tbsps. of either NOW Moroccan Red Clay Powder (Sensitive / Dry Skin), or NOW European Clay Powder (Normal, Combo, or Most Skin Types)
- Amber Glass Jar with Lid
- Spoon (non-metallic) to mix
- In a bowl, mix ingredients together to form a creamy paste.
- Apply to your face & neck, avoiding any sensitive areas.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes
- Rinse with warm water & apply moisturizer.
Take It Easy Body & Bath Oil
This super-relaxing & sweet-smelling bath & body oil can be used as a body moisturizer, for massages, or a snazzy addition to your bath!
- 1 oz. NOW Amber Glass Bottle Dropper
- 1 oz. NOW Organic Jojoba Oil (or Carrier Oil of your choice)
- 14 Drops NOW Frankincense 20% Essential Oil Blend
- 9 Drops NOW Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 Drops NOW Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Fill your Dropper Bottle 1/2 way up with Jojoba Oil (or Carrier Oil).
- Add in the Essential Oils.
- And, fill the remainder of the Bottle with Jojoba Oil (or Carrier Oil).
- Put the top on & twist to close tightly, then shake to mix.
- Shake Well before each use.
- For best results: apply to damp skin, add to bath water, or mix directly with Magnesium Bath Flakes.
Have you tried making these? Let us know how you liked them in the comments below!
Caution: Essential Oils are highly concentrated & should be used with care. Dilute Essential Oils as directed, do not exceed dilutions recommended for this recipe. Pure Essential Oils can be irritating to skin. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of children. Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing.